The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• 9-24-20, 2:49 PM to 3:13 PM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspects place loss into shopping baskets and leave store without paying. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: S1 – Male, Middle Eastern, 29 – 34 years, 5’11”, thin build, wearing a white t-shirt and black shorts, S2 – Male, Middle Eastern, 29 – 31 years, 5’11”, thin build, wearing an orange shirt and unknown color bottoms. LOSS: Toiletries.
• 9-24-20, 3:01 PM to 3:13 PM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspects take loss and leave store without paying. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: S1 – Male, Hispanic, 20 – 25 years, wearing a multicolored soccer jersey, S2 – Male, Hispanic, 20 – 25 years. LOSS: Alcohol.
• 9-22-20, 5:28 AM to 9-23-20, 5:28 AM, 1100 block of Diamond. Suspect takes loss from victim’s front porch. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, possibly Hispanic, 20-30 years, 506-508, 150-170, wearing blue shorts, dark colored shoes, white t-shirt, dark colored bandanna around neck, light colored baseball cap, large green backpack slung over his back, large dark colored shoulder bag and carrying a dark colored bag in right hand. LOSS: Jacket.
• 9-20-20, 8:00 AM to 9-23-20, 12:00 PM, 1700 block of State. Suspect(s) remove lock from victim’s storage locker and take loss. LOSS: Golf clubs.
• 9-10-20, 4:45 PM, 200 block St Albans. Suspect(s) takes loss from victim’s front porch. LOSS: Parcel package.
• 9-16-20, 11:10 PM to 9-17-20, 7:40 AM, 300 block of Monterey. Suspect(s) enters victim’s unlocked vehicle and takes loss. LOSS: Sunglasses.
• 9-22-20, 6:00 PM to 09-24-20, 9:30 PM, 1100 block of Huntington. ’11 Honda CRV. Suspect(s) cuts and removes loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 9-26-20, 1:00 AM to 6:00 AM, 1500 block of Oak. Suspect(s) enters carport and takes loss. LOSS: Air purifier.
• 9-26-20, 8:00 PM to 9-27-20, 10:38 AM, 1600 block of Amberwood. Suspect(s) removes lock and takes loss secured to victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Bicycle.
• 9-22-20, 4:13 PM to 5:15 PM. Victim is contacted by a company that offered to sell her timeshares. Victim makes a payment to the company and discovers that she has been receiving statements from the timeshares. Victim is unable to get into contact with the company.
• 9-27-20, 7:38 PM to 9:07 PM. Victim receives an email from Suspect, informing her that unauthorized purchases were made with victim’s Amazon account. Victim speaks with suspect, who claims to be a manager at Amazon. Suspect informs victim that her account is compromised and instructs victim to purchase gift cards in order to stop unauthorized users from accessing her account. Victim purchases gift cards and provides Suspect with the gift card numbers.
IDENTITY THEFT/CHECK FRAUD/CREDIT CARD FRAUD
- 9-23-20, 3:59 PM to 4:36 PM. Suspect uses victim’s personal information to make an unauthorized loan.
- 9-20-20, 8:00 PM to 9-23-20, 5:30 PM, 100 block of Monterey (attempt). ’13 Cadillac ATS. Suspect(s) pries door lock but fails to gain entry. LOSS: None.
- 9-27-20, 1:33 AM to 2:10 AM, 2000 block of Huntington. Officers respond to a traffic collision and find suspect driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, 22 years, La Quinta.
- 9-22-20, 8:57 AM to 9:16 AM, 00 block of Pasadena. Suspect shatters victim’s glass door.
• 9-24-20, 4:00 PM to 9-25-20, 10:00 AM, 1900 block of Huntington. Suspect enters construction site and cuts loss from wall. LOSS: Copper pipe.
• 9-26-20, 2:03 AM to 9:00 AM, 100 block of Monterey. ’19 Honda CRV. Suspect enters underground garage by unknown means and enters victim’s unlocked vehicle. LOSS: Passport.
- 9-22-20, 2:58 AM, 90 block of Pasadena. Suspect shatters victim’s glass window but fails to gain entry. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, White or Hispanic, 25 – 30 years, 5’09”, 170 lbs, wearing a navy hooded sweatshirt, black sweat pants, black shoes, black gloves, and a black facemask. LOSS: None.
• 9-26-20, 7:59 AM to 8:11 AM, 1500 block of Oak. ’18 Honda HRV.
• 9-26-20, 2:00 PM to 9-28-20, 11:01 AM, 1400 block of Lyndon. ’02 Chevrolet Silverado (attempt). Suspect removes key hole and steering console in an attempt to take victim’s vehicle without permission.
- 9-21-20, 12:07 PM to 12:47 PM, 1000 block of Mission. Victim is sitting on a bench when suspect walks by and yells and spits at victim. Suspect then pulls up shirt, exposing breasts to victim. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, 39 years.
- 9-21-20, 6:49 PM to 7:16 PM, 700 block of Meridian. Suspect sends harassing emails and text messages to victim, demanding money.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.