The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• 10-14-20, 4:00 PM, to 10-15-20, 9:00 AM, 1200 Block of Kolle. Victim’s residence is under construction and suspect(s) cut wires and take loss. LOSS: Electrical wire.
• 10-15-20, 9:30 AM, to 10-15-20, 12:30 PM, 200 Block of St. Albans. ’14 Lexus RX350. Suspect(s) enter victim’s unlocked vehicle and take loss. LOSS: Sunglasses, multi-tool.
• July 2020 to 10-15-20, 600 Block of Fairview. Suspect possesses property belonging to victim and refuses to return it. LOSS: U.S currency, U.S passport.
• 10-15-20, 3:50 PM to 3:55 PM, 1500 Block of Beech. Work truck. Suspect(s) walk upon victim’s vehicle and take loss, then drive away westbound on Beech. LOSS: Yard trimmer, wallet, personal identification documents, credit cards, and checks. SUSPECT(S) DESCRIPTIONS: S1- Male, wearing a black baseball hat, and a black shirt. S2- Male, wearing a golden colored shirt. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Newer model, black colored Nissan truck.
• 10-13-20, 8:00 PM to 10-14-20, 8:00 AM, 1400 Block of Fremont. ’15 Kia Sorento. Suspect(s) enter victim’s unlocked vehicle and take loss. LOSS: U.S currency, two chairs, and a shopping bag.
• 10-16-20, 6:19 PM, 900 Block of Fair Oaks (Rite Aid). Suspect(s) enter store and take loss without paying. Suspect was also found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia and another individual’s property without permission. LOSS: Alcohol, condoms (recovered). SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 45 years, Los Angeles.
• 10-17-20, 12:14 PM, 900 Block of Fair Oaks (Rite Aid). Suspect enters store and take loss without paying. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 36 years, Oklahoma.
• 10-17-20, 5:00 PM, 600 Block of Fremont. ’03 Ford F-150. Suspect(s) drive into parking lot and park next to victim’s vehicle. Suspects then take loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Lawnmower. SUSPECT(S) DESCRIPTIONS: S1- Male, white shirt, black pants. S2- Male, white shirt, black pants. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Newer model, dark gray with black rooftop, 4-door, Jeep Wrangler.
• 10-18-20, 2:48 AM to 10-18-20, 3:07 AM, 100 Block of Mockingbird. Suspect enters victim’s carport and takes loss. LOSS: Two bicycles, tool box containing a drill, batteries with chargers, drill bits, ratchets, and gloves. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, hat, black sweater, dark pants.
• 10-18-20, 5:00 AM, 100 Block of Warwick. ‘14 Acura RDX. Suspect enters victim’s unlocked vehicle and takes loss. LOSS: Work ID card, three pairs of sunglasses, leather boots, U.S currency, shopping bags. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, wearing a mask, hat, white long-sleeved shirt, white jeans, black and gray shoes.
• 10-18-20, 2:19 PM, 900 Block of Meridian. Suspect(s) take loss from business and officers locate one suspect, the other is outstanding. The located suspect is also found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia. LOSS: Parcel package. SUSPECTS DESCRIPTION: S1 (arrested) – Male, 30 years, Los Angeles. S2 (outstanding) – Male, blue shirt, riding unknown color bicycle.
• 10-16-20, 12 PM to 10-19-20, 11 AM, 1900 block of Fremont (Almansor Center). Suspect(s) enter parking lot and remove loss from three vehicles. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 9-8-20 to 10-13-20, 1300 Block of Garfield. Suspect(s) attempt to process and transfer a vehicle’s certificate of title already in victim’s name to the suspect(s) name(s) without victim’s consent.
• 10-5-20 unknown time, to 10-16-20, 1:55 PM, 500 Block of Garfield. Victim receives tracking information via email regarding FedEx shipments made through victim’s account and purchased without victim’s permission by unknown suspect(s). LOSS: U.S currency through a bank account.
• 10-19-20, 11:15 AM, 1200 Block of Fair Oaks. Victim received a call from a representative of the U.S Marshal’s Office regarding someone using the victim’s social security card for illegal activity. Victim was told by the representative to withdraw U.S currency out of bank accounts for safety reasons and deposit into a Bitcoin account. Victim never received any further directions or calls from the representative. LOSS: U.S currency.
- 10-8-20, unknown time, to 10-14-20, 3:52 PM, 800 Block of Orange Grove (Orange Grove Park). Suspect(s) enter and take loss from building’s basement. LOSS: Alarm system panel.
POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
- 10-13-20, 4:20 AM, 1200 Block of Fair Oaks. ’16 Mazda CX-5. Suspect enters victim’s vehicle without permission and suspect found to be under the influence of narcotics and in possession of drug paraphernalia. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 23 years, Pasadena.
• 10-14-20, 9:33 PM, 800 Block of Fair Oaks. Subject walks up to building and punches glass window, shattering it.
• 10-17-20, 12:00 PM to 10-17-20, 7:00 AM, 1200 Block of Monterey. Suspect(s) write graffiti on victim’s driveway.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.