The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• 3-3-21, 9:05 AM, 900 Block of Fair Oaks (Rite Aid). Suspect enters store and takes loss without payment. Officers contact suspect and suspect is found to be in possession of a controlled substance. LOSS: Shampoo (recovered). SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, Asian, 45 years, transient.
• 3-2-21, 11:29 AM to 2:30 PM, 400 Block of Hermosa, ’12 Mercedes Benz. Suspect(s) enters victim’s unlocked vehicle and takes loss. LOSS: Purse.
• 2-19-21, 12:00 AM to 3-5-21, 10:00 AM, 200 Block of Pasadena. ’97 Ford Explorer. Suspect(s) cut and remove loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 3-6-21, 6:07 to 6:09 AM, 2000 Block of Fremont. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s roof. LOSS: Surveillance camera.
• 3-6-21, 6:30 PM to 3-7-21, 8:00 AM, 300 Block of Raymondale. Suspect(s) cut lock securing loss and takes loss. LOSS: Bicycle.
• 3-3-21, 10:47 AM, 1400 Block of Magnolia. Suspect takes loss from victim’s front porch. LOSS: Parcel package. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, wearing a gray hat, black and gray Nike zipper jacket, gray t-shirt, black pants, white gloves, a blue surgical mask, and a backpack.
• 2-26-21 to 3-2-21, 300 block of Garfield. ’05, Honda Accord. Suspect(s) cut and remove loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 2-25-21, 7:58 AM, 600 Block of Indiana. Victim is on the computer when victim receives a virus pop-up ad to call for technical support. Victim complies and contacts suspect who allows suspect access to computer remotely. Suspect asks victim to obtain gift cards to pay for services and victim complies. Suspect also access victim’s bank account and makes several unauthorized purchases.
• 2-27-21, 5:34 AM, 900 Block of Fair Oaks. Suspect(s) gains access to victim’s bank account and makes an unauthorized withdrawal. LOSS: U.S currency.
• 3-4-21, 4:29 PM to 6:21 PM, 1800 Block of Fletcher. Suspect(s) gains access to victim’s credit card by unknown means and makes an unauthorized purchase.
• 3-8-21, 3:10 PM, 1400 Block of Mission. Victim receives emails asking victim to purchase gift cards.
• 3-6-21, unknown time to 3-7-21, unknown time, 1500 Block of Indiana. Suspect(s) uses victim’s social security number to file a tax return.
• 3-7-21, 9:00 PM to 3-8-21, 3:00 AM, 400 Block of Monterey. ’07 Toyota Tacoma. Suspect(s) forces open victim’s vehicle window to gain entry. Suspect(s) takes loss and uses victim’s credit card to make an unauthorized purchase. LOSS: Wallet, credit cards, checks, miscellaneous tools, vehicle keys, and a cellular device.
• 3-2-21, 5 PM to 3-3-21, 9:30 AM, 400 Block of Magnolia. ’15, Toyota Prius.
• 3-4-21, 4 PM to 3-5-21, 8 AM, 1200 block of Oakhill. ’01, BMW 525i.
POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
• 3-4-21, 3:03 AM, 100 Block of Monterey. Officer conducts a welfare check on individuals in a vehicle and driver is found to be in possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 37 years, Los Angeles.
POSSESSION OF BURGLARY TOOLS
• 2-21-21, 4:24 AM, Park and Mission. Officer conducts a traffic stop and driver is found to be in possession of burglary tools and drug paraphernalia. SUSPECTS ARRESTED: S1- Male, Hispanic, 24 years. S2- Male, Hispanic, 25 years.
• 3-8-21, 3:27 PM, 400 Block of Mission. Officers conduct a traffic stop and driver is found to be in possession of burglary tools and drug paraphernalia. SUSPECTS ARRESTED: S1- Female, Hispanic, 37 years, Compton. S2- Male, Hispanic, 32 years, Richmond.
POSSESSION OF NITROUS OXIDE
• 3-6-21, 12:20 AM, 1100 Block of Indiana. Suspect is stopped for a traffic violation and found to be in possession of Nitrous Oxide. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, Black, 23 years, Pasadena.
• 3-5-21, 5:21 PM, 1600 Block of Huntington. Suspect and victim are neighbors and get into an argument. Suspect then pushes victim.
• 3-6-21, 1:18 PM, 1700 Block of Las Palmitas. Victim goes to ex-girlfriend’s residence and gets into argument with ex-girlfriend’s husband (suspect). Suspect hits victim.
• 3-2-21, 1:30 to 2:37 PM, 900 Block of Meridian. Suspect and victim are acquaintances and suspect exposes his genitals to victim.
• 3-6-21, 3:41 PM, Monterey and Meridian. Officer contacts a subject vandalizing property and is arrested. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 37 years, South Pasadena.
• 3-5-21, 8:06 PM, Fremont and Rollin. Suspect is stopped for reckless driving and arrested. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 30 years, Downey.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.