The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• 6-23-20, 12:06 PM to 12:21 PM, 400 block of Prospect. Suspects take unattended loss and leave in an awaiting vehicle. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: S1 – Male, Hispanic. S2 – Male, Hispanic. SUSPECT VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: Black Dodge Caravan with tinted windows. LOSS: Gardening tools.
• 6-23-20, 2:42 PM to 3:05 PM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspects take loss and leave store without paying. SUSPECTS ARRESTED: S1 – Female, Hispanic, 22 years, Montebello. S2 – Male, 29 years, Los Angeles. S3 – Male, Black, 23 years, Compton. LOSS: Miscellaneous items (recovered).
• 6-18-20, 12:00 AM to 6-19-20, 9:15 AM, 1200 block of Blair. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s front porch. LOSS: Parcel package.
• 6-25-20, 8:00 AM to 6-26-20, 4:00 PM, 1400 block of Lyndon. Suspect(s) take unattended loss. LOSS: Tools.
• 6-25-20, 4:50 PM to 6-26-20, 4:50 PM, 1100 block of Maple. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s front porch. LOSS: Parcel package.
• 6-28-20, 2:30 PM to 3:29 PM, 400 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect(s) take unattended loss. LOSS: Cell phone, driver’s license, credit card, insurance card.
• 6-20-20, 8:00 PM to 6-21-20, 10:00 AM, 600 block of Fremont. Suspect(s) cut lock and take loss. LOSS: Bicycle.
COMMERCIAL BURGLARY 3-1-20, 12:00 AM to 6-25-20, 3:00 PM, 1000 block of Fair Oaks (East West Bank). Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s safety deposit box. LOSS: Jewelry, U.S. currency.
• 6-27-20, 3:59 AM to 5:12 AM, Maple/La France. ’97 Mercury Grand Marquis. Officer stops suspect for a traffic violation and finds suspect to have taken a vehicle without the owner’s consent. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 24 years, South Gate.
• 6-29-20, 12:13 PM to 12:39 PM, Huntington/Milan. ’98 Honda CRV (recovered by LAPD Hollenbeck).
FRAUD BY FALSE PRETENSE
• 6-19-20. Suspect calls victim and claims to be a manager from Amazon. Suspect states that victim has an outstanding balance and directs victim to go to a website to allow suspect to gain control of victim’s computer. Victim complies and is instructed to log into bank account. When victim refuses to do so, suspect makes an unauthorized purchase on victim’s Amazon account.
• 6-19-20, 2:54 PM to 4:09 PM. Suspect calls victim and claims to be a representative from Southern California Edison. Suspect states that victim has an outstanding balance and that power will be shut off unless the balance is paid. Suspect claims that it is too late to pay by credit card and instructs victim to purchase a gift card and read the card numbers. Victim complies.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD FRAUD/CHECK FRAUD
• 4-2-20, 7:25 PM to 4-3-20, 6:00 AM, 1000 block of Fremont. Suspect(s) take loss from mailbox and alter check.
• 11-19-19, 12:00 PM to 6-11-20, 11:00 PM. Suspect(s) use victim’s information and opens several unauthorized accounts.
- 6-23-20, 11:14 AM to 11:42 AM, Meridian/Mission (attempt). Suspect approaches victim and attempts to take victim’s cell phone. Suspect punches and kicks victim when victim refuses to hand over the property. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Black, 30 years, Los Angeles. DRUNK IN PUBLIC 6-23-20, 10:24 PM to 10:48 PM, 1300 block of Fair Oaks. Officer responds to a call regarding a trespassing subject and finds suspect to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to care for himself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 67 years, Fresno.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.