The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
- 7-28-20, 11:09 AM to 11:24 AM, 1700 block of Garfield (Ralphs). Suspect trespasses onto business after being previously told to not return to the location. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 60, Altadena.
• 7-27-20, 12:05 PM to 12:27 PM, 700 block of Fair Oaks (Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf). Suspect gets into a verbal altercation with victim and damages a door by kicking a glass panel. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 27 years, Los Angeles.
• 7-28-20, 5:43 PM to 6:05 PM, 700 block of Mission. Subject damages a window by punching a glass pane. Subject is found to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to care for himself. SUBJECT ARRESTED: Male, Juvenile.
• 7-28-20, 8:30 PM to 7-30-20, 8:30 AM, 600 block of Prospect. Suspect takes loss from victim’s apartment. LOSS: iPad.
• 7-30-20, 9:51 PM to 10:40 PM, 700 block of Meridian. Suspect enters victim’s garage and take loss. LOSS: Bicycle.
• 7-4-20, 12:00 AM to 7-6-20, 11:59 PM, 1600 block of Huntington. Neighbor takes loss from victim’s property. LOSS: Plants.
- 8-3-20, 2:18 PM to 3:04 PM, 600 block of Monterey. ’98 Ford E350.
- 7-31-20, 12:30 AM, 1000 block of Garfield (Hot Prowl). Victim is sleeping and is awaken by suspect who climbs up to an opened second floor window. Victim yells at suspect and suspect fleets. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Female, White, 30 years. LOSS: None.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD FRAUD/CHECK FRAUD
- 7-31-20, 7:00 AM to 8-1-20, 8:50 AM. Suspect uses victim’s personal information to apply for a loan.
FRAUD BY FALSE PRETENSE
• 7-22-20, 4:21 PM to 5:02 PM. Suspect responds to victim’s online ad as an interested buyer and asks for victim’s PayPal information. Suspect sends an email that appears to be a transaction confirmation. Suspect requests victim to send gift card codes and promises to reimburse victim through PayPal. Victim complies and is never reimbursed.
• 7-21-20, 2:47 PM. Suspect contacts victim through a job posting website and offers victim a job. Suspect wires victim a sum of money and instructs victim to transfer a portion of the money to another person. Victim complies.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.