(Hundred block given in place of exact address)
The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember: call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• 2-8-22, 3:56 AM to 4:16 AM, 200 block of Fair Oaks. ’05 Toyota Prius. Suspects cut and remove loss from victim’s vehicle. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: S1 – Male, Middle Eastern, 30 years. S2 – Male, Middle Eastern, 30 years. SUSPECT VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: White BMW SUV. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 2-9-22, 6:56 PM to 7:11 PM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect places loss in backpack and leaves store without paying. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 29 years, Los Angeles. LOSS: Alcohol (recovered).
• 2-6-22, 5:57 AM, 1900 block of Edgewood. Suspect takes loss from victim’s mailbox. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, White, 30s. LOSS: Mail.
• 2-9-22, 4:30 PM to 2-10-22, 9:50 AM, 300 block of Pasadena. ’03 Acura TL. Suspect(s) cut and remove loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 2-11-22, 9:26 AM to 10:14 AM, 900 block of Fair Oaks (Rite Aid). Suspect places loss in sweater and leaves store without paying. Suspect is also found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 26 years, San Bernardino. LOSS: Medication (recovered).
• 2-13-22, 7:00 PM to 2-14-22, 7:00 AM, 600 block of Magnolia. ’04 Toyota Tundra. Suspect(s) remove and take loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 2-12-22, 7:41 AM to 8:13 AM, 1000 block of Fair Oaks (Domino’s Pizza). Suspect(s) smash the front glass door of business. LOSS: None.
• 2-12-22, 4:25 AM to 4:30 AM, 800 block of Fair Oaks (Canoe House). Suspect gains entry into business by smashing a window with a rock. LOSS: Lockbox.
2-11-22, 1:00 AM to 1:19 AM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect is stopped for a traffic violation and found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 50 years, Lynwood.
2-12-22, 10:00 AM to 2-14-22, 11:45 AM, 1200 block of Monterey. Suspect pours bleach on victim’s belongings. Suspect and victim are family members.
• 7-18-21, 12:00 PM to 1-24-22, 1:03 PM. Victim unknowingly purchases a stolen cell phone online. Victim’s cell phone is disabled by wireless carrier and suspect refuses to issue a refund or exchange.
• 1-24-22, 5:03 PM to 2-9-22, 6:06 PM. Suspect(s) use victim’s information and makes an unauthorized transaction.
• 2-9-22, 12:00 AM to 2-14-22, 2:09 PM. Victim sees a social media post where a friend supposedly made a large profit through an investment. Victim contacts friend and is directed to contact suspect. Suspect instructs victim to send money through a mobile payment app. Victim complies.
• 2-14-22, 3:47 PM to 4:04 PM. Suspect(s) use victims information and makes several unauthorized transactions.
Injury Traffic Collision
• 2-13-22, 8:49 PM, 1000 block of Arroyo.
Non-injury Traffic Collision
• 2-9-22, 12:50 AM, Garfield/Hardison. Assisted with info exchange.
• 2-11-22, 8:37 AM, Fremont/Huntington.
• 2-10-22, 7:48 AM, 1300 block of Huntington.
• 2-13-22, 12:59 PM to 2:04 PM, Lyndon/Fremont. Hit and run.