The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
- 12-11-20, 5:45 PM, 1100 Block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect enters store and takes loss, then exits store without paying. LOSS: Alcoholic beverages (recovered). SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Black, 51 years, Los Angeles.
- 12-02-20, 8:30 AM, to 6:30 PM, 1400 Block of Monterey. Victim contacts suspect in regards to a rental property up for rent online. Victim gives suspect payment but never receives keys. LOSS: U.S currency.
- 12-15-20, 4:33 PM, 1100 Block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect enters store and takes loss, then exits store without paying. SUSPECT VEHICLE: ’00 Cadillac SEV. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male. LOSS: Various food items.
- 12-15-20, 3:41 PM to 4:39 PM, 300 Block of Pasadena, ’17 Toyota Rav4. Suspect(s) enter victim’s vehicle through unknown means and take loss, then uses victim’s credit card to make an unauthorized purchase online. LOSS: Wallet, credit cards.
- 12-15-20, 4:00 PM to 12-16-20, 5:00 PM, 800 block of Grevelia, ’07 Honda Accord. Suspect(s) cut and remove loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
- 12-16-20, 2:00 PM to 5:15 PM, 1700 Block of Oxley. Suspect(s) enter carport and takes unsecured loss. LOSS: Bicycle.
- 12-17-20, 7:00 PM to 10:01 PM, 100 Block of St. Albans. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s front porch and mailbox. SUSPECT VEHICLE: White, compact sedan. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: S1- Female, wearing a black baseball cap and white Adidas pants. S2- Male, shaved head, wearing a white shirt over a black long-sleeved shirt and black pants. LOSS: Parcel package and mail documents.
- 12-18-20, 5:40 PM, 1100 Block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect enters store and takes loss without paying. LOSS: Alcoholic beverages. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 39 years, South Gate.
- 12-17-20, 5:00 PM to 12-18-20, 2:00 PM, 1000 Block of Buena Vista, ’16 Toyota Camry. Suspect(s) takes loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: License plate.
- 12-20-20, 9:00 PM to 12-21-20, 8:10 AM, 800 Block of Monterey, ’02 Toyota Prius. Suspect(s) cut and removes loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
- 12-15-20, 10:15 AM, 900 Block of Fair Oaks. Suspect(s) withdraw U.S currency out of victim’s account through unknown means. LOSS: U.S currency.
- 11-30-20 to 12-15-20, 700 Block of Mission. Suspect(s) use victim’s account information to create fraudulent checks, then sending them out to various individuals in reference to payment for ad services. Suspect(s) then receive U.S currency for installation fees from those individuals.
- 12-11-20, 3:00 PM to 12-18-20, 11:50 AM, 900 Block of Fair Oaks (Bank of America). Suspect(s) place a card scanning device on exterior ATM machine.
- 12-18-20, 10:41 AM, 400 Block of Raymondale. Victim receives a phone call from someone who claims to be a technician for Amazon and is advised of fraudulent activity related to cellular devices being purchased without her permission. Suspect advises victim to give suspect access to victim’s computer and cellular device and uses a program to transfer money from victim’s bank account through Zelle and also to purchase gift cards to reverse the fraudulent activity. LOSS: U.S currency.
- 10-21-20 to 12-4-20, 90 Block of Pasadena Avenue (office building). Suspect(s) enter victim’s business by unknown means and takes loss. LOSS: Laptops and a desktop computer.
- 12-15-20, 2:00 PM to 12-16-20, 8:40 AM, 300 Block of Monterey. Suspect(s) enter victim’s carport, cut chain securing loss and take loss. LOSS: Bicycle.
- 12-17-20, 1:00 PM to 8:30 PM, 200 Block of Orange Grove. Suspect(s) enter victim’s residence through unknown means and takes loss. LOSS: Watch.
- 12-12-20, 2:00 PM to 12-18-20, 12:50 AM, 200 Block of St. Albans. Suspect(s) enter victim’s residence by shattering rear sliding glass door and take loss. LOSS: Unknown.
- 12-14-20, 4:00 PM to 12-15-20, 7:30 AM, 1400 Block of Oneonta Knoll. ’19 Honda Civic. Suspect(s) smashes victim’s vehicle window to gain entry and takes loss. LOSS: Surgical masks and a house key.
- 12-19-20, 1:00 PM to 1:30 PM, 400 block of Fair Oaks. ’10 Honda CRV. Suspect(s) smashes victim’s vehicle window to gain entry and takes loss. LOSS: Bags, cameras and miscellaneous items.
- 12-19-20, 7:27 PM, 1900 Block of Marengo. Suspect walks towards victim who is inside vehicle and hits the driver’s side passenger window. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 42 years, South Pasadena.
- 12-3-20, 3:00 PM to 3:05 PM, 1100 Block of Foothill, ’95 Toyota Tacoma. Recovered on 12-3-20 by SPPD.
- 12-6-20, 8:30 PM to 12-7-20, 10:30 AM, 100 block of Peterson. ’18, Audi SQ5.
- 12-7-20, 7 PM to 12-11-20, 5 PM, 1400 block of Bank. ’08, Lexus RX400. Recovered by Newport Beach PD on 12-16-20.
- 12-17-20, 9:20 PM, 400 Block of Fair Oaks. Victim offers PS5 for sale on “Offer-Up”. Suspect agrees to meet victim and suspect pepper sprays victim. Victim runs away and suspects flee without loss. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Black, Nissan Sentra. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: S1- Male, medium build, unknown height/weight, wearing a white face mask, gray jacket with a hood, black polo shirt with white lettering/logo on left chest area, and black pants. S2- Male, medium build, unknown height/weight, wearing a dark baseball cap, black face mask, black hooded sweatshirt with a red and white logo on front chest area, and dark pants with three white stripes down side of the leg. LOSS: None.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.