News provided by City of South Pasadena
On June 15, 2022, the South Pasadena City Council declared a Stage 2 Serious Water Supply Shortage given the extreme drought conditions in California. Effective immediately, outdoor watering is restricted to two (2) days per week, and water leaks must be fixed within 48 hours. The new watering schedule is as follows:
The following water conservation requirements are effective at all times, regardless of what water supply stage the City is in:
- Watering between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. is prohibited.
- Excessive water run-off from sprinklers/irrigation is prohibited.
- Watering during periods of rain and 48 hours after is prohibited.
- Washing down hard or paved surfaces is prohibited.
- Vehicles must be washed with a hose equipped with a shut-off device.
Addresses ending in an even number
Addresses ending in an odd number
- Watering is limited to 15 minutes.
- Using water to clean, fill or maintain levels in decorative fountains, ponds or other similar aesthetic structures is prohibited unless the structure uses a recirculating water system.
The new regulations are effective immediately, and enforcement will begin July 1, 2022. Violators will first receive notices of observed violations. Repeated violations are subject to fines.
Community members can report violations by emailing email@example.com. Water conservation rebates are available to assist residents and businesses with their conservation efforts. For more information visit www.southpasadenaca.gov/waterconservation.