We at WISPPA will try to keep you informed during this unprecedented time as things seem to be changing hourly. If you have something that you think should be shared with the WISPPA membership, please let us know! Be sure to check in with elderly or ill neighbors who cannot go out to get food or medications (or toilet paper)! Go to the WISPPA website for links to local, county, state and federal agencies.
Keep healthy and safe!
INFORMATION OF INTEREST: To the best of our knowledge, the information contained in the newsletter is accurate and reliable as of the date of publication; however, we do not assume any liability whatsoever for the accuracy and completeness of the information. Please let us know if any corrections need to be made. Thank you
- Effective Monday, March 16, the City of South Pasadena will close its bars, entertainment venues, gyms and halt dine in services for restaurants until March 31 in response to L.A. County’s mandate to stop the spread of coronavirus. Some establishments were still open on Monday because it is taking time to get everyone on board. Please let the city know if you see someone not in compliance.
- The CDC recommends that everyone create a household plan of action in case of illness in the household or disruption of daily activities due to COVID-19 in the community. This includes having a 2-week supply of prescription and over the counter medications, food and other essentials. Know how to get food delivered if possible. Establish ways to communicate with others (e.g., family, friends, co-workers). The CDC also has apage specifically for older adults and those with medical conditions.
- City Council Meeting on Wednesday, March 18 – to see the meeting online tomorrow, click here.
- Special City Council Meeting at 7:29 p.m: Resolution Proclaiming a Local Emergency Due to the Outbreak of COVID019 Recommendation: It is recommended that the City Council approve a Resolution of the City Council of the City of South Pasadena, California, proclaiming a local emergency due to the outbreak of COVD019
- Regular City Council Meeting at 7:30 – Coronavirus Update and Discussion
SATURDAY, MARCH 14:
Dear WISPPA members,
Due to the Coronavirus, we are living through an unprecedented time with so much happening & changing on a daily basis. The WISPPA board has decided to cancel our April 4th meeting. Although our meetings are under the 50 people recommendation, a number of us in WISPPA are over 60 and we believe we should not take any chances.
Our membership is very informed and on top of things, but in case you have missed some information, below are some updates:
- Effective Monday, March 16, all city facilities will be temporarily closed to members of the public except for public meetings of the City Council, the Cultural Heritage Commission, Planning Commission and Design Review Board, which will continue to meet to ensure the approval of projects move forward as required by law. See City email below for more information
- In addition, most of the upcoming events listed in our newsletter have been cancelled or postponed. Go to our website events page to see the most recent changes.
- Attached is a summary of important information regarding the Conoravirus (shared by member Ellen Daigle).
We hope you and your families stay safe and healthy.