October 18 – 24, 2017
The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
10-17-17, 8:30 PM to 10-18-17, 5 PM, 400 block of Raymondale. ’12, Kawasaki Ninja.
POSSESSION OF PARAPHERNALIA
10-22-17, 3:51 PM, 2000 block of Huntington. Officers respond to a suspect trespassing on private property. Suspect is found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, White, 35 years, transient.
POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
10-18-17, 2 PM, 1400 block of Fremont (South Pasadena High School). School officials discover a controlled substance on suspect. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Juvenile.
DRUNK IN PUBLIC
- , 2:49 PM, 2100 block of Huntington. Officers respond to suspect who is walking in traffic. Officers locate suspect who is found to be intoxicated and unable to care for himself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 43 years, San Marino.
- 10-22-17, 1:06 AM, 900 block of El Centro. Suspect is involved in a traffic collision and found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 21 years, South
- 10-21-17, 9:25 PM, Garfield/Huntington. Suspect is involved in a traffic collision and found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Asian, 45 years, San
- 10-18-17, 6:21 AM, 2000 block of Meridian. Suspect is involved in a traffic collision and found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 23 years,
- 10-23-17, 9:30 AM to 10 AM, 1500 block of Fair Oaks (South Pasadena Middle School). Suspect(s) takes loss left unattended on a backpack. LOSS: Cell
- 10-21-17, 5:35 PM, 1300 block of Huntington (T-Mobile). Suspect enters store and takes loss from display wall, then exits store without paying for loss. LOSS: Cell phone. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Black, 600, heavy set, with a pony tail, wearing a gray shirt, green basketball shorts, long black socks and flip flops. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Blue, Toyota Camry.
- 10-20-17, 7 PM, 400 block of Fair Oaks (OSH). Suspects enter store and takes loss. Suspect exits store through an emergency exit without paying for loss. LOSS: SUSPECTS DESCRIPTION: S1 – Male, White. S2 – Female, White.
- 10-20-17, 3:30 PM to 4:00 PM, 600 block of Mission (Trader Joe’s). Victim is shopping inside store when suspect takes loss from victim’s shopping cart. Suspect then attempts to make an unauthorized charge with victim’s credit card. LOSS:
- 10-19-17, 8:15 AM to 9:00 AM, 1200 block of Fair Oaks (Pavilions). Victim is shopping inside store when suspect takes loss from victim’s shopping cart. LOSS:
- 10-18-17, 1:36 PM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspects enter store and takes loss. Suspects exit store without paying for loss. Officers locate suspect and recover loss. LOSS: Coffee (recovered). SUSPECTS ARRESTED: S1 – Male, White, 21 years, Los Angeles. S2 – Female, Hispanic, 18 years, Los
- 10-18-17, 1:45 PM to 1:46 PM, 900 block of Meridian. Suspect enters shed and takes loss. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Female, Caucasian or Hispanic, wearing a dark colored jacket, blue jeans, and dark colored sneakers. LOSS:
- 10-16-17, 10:45 AM to 10-19-17, 11:45 AM, 300 block of Alta
Suspect takes loss from victim’s mail box. LOSS: Mail.
FRAUD BY FALSE PRETENSE
- , 1600 block of Milan. Suspect calls victim and claims to be computer repair person. Suspect asks for Apple prepaid cards to fix victim’s computer and victim
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD FRAUD/CHECK FRAUD
- 10-23-17, 500 block of Mound. Suspect(s) uses victim’s personal information and opens a cell phone
- 6-19-17 to 10-23-17, 500 block of Garfield. Suspect(s) uses victim’s personal information to open credit card
- 10-18-17, 300 block of Monterey. Suspect(s) gains access to victim’s credit card account and attempts to make an unauthorized
10-23-17, 2:20 PM, 200 block of Monterey. Suspect is seen burning an unknown plastic item and runs away. Fire department and officers arrive but are unable to locate suspect. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Female, light skinned or Hispanic, with brown hair in pony tail, 18-20 years, wearing a white shirt, brown shorts, and a dark colored sweater.
10-21-17, 3:42 PM to 4 PM, 600 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect(s) puncture victim’s car tire.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.