The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
TRANSPORTATION OF MARIJUANA
- 7-9-19, 1:07 AM to 1:29 AM, 1100 block of Huntington. Officer makes a traffic stop and finds the driver to be in possession of marijuana and a large sum of cash. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 30, Los Angeles.
- 7-9-19, 12:44 PM to 12:46 PM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Blaze Pizza). Suspects shatter window to gain entry into business. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: S1 – Male, wearing a light colored hooded sweatshirt, S2 – Male, wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt. LOSS:
- 7-9-19, 1:13 PM to 1:35 PM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Union Bakery). Suspect enters business and takes loss. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Black, 6’0”, short hair, wearing a black sweatshirt, black sweat pants, carrying a plaid blanket. LOSS: Tip jar, U.S. currency.
- 7-10-19, 7:45 AM to 12:30 AM, 900 block of Meridian. Suspect removes lock and takes loss from bike rack LOSS:
- 7-11-19, 12:00 AM to 1:09 AM, 1200 block of Fair Oaks (Pavilions). Suspect enters store and employee sees suspect place loss into shopping cart and exit store without paying. Officers locate suspect in the parking lot. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 55 years, Los Angeles. LOSS: General merchandise, shopping cart (recovered).
- 7-13-19, 4:43 PM, 1700 block of Garfield (Ralphs). Suspect enters store and employee sees suspect open and consume loss. Suspect also refuses to leave store after being told by employee. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, White, 29 years, Los Angeles. LOSS: Snacks, beer.
- 7-9-19, 4:40 PM to 5:00 PM, 700 block of Fair Oaks (AT&T Store). Suspects enter store and attempt to open a fraudulent business account. Suspect 1 then removes loss from security device. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: S1 – Male, Black, S2 – Female, Black. LOSS:
- 7-14-19, 2:18 PM to 3:07 PM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect enters store and employee sees suspect take loss and exit store. Officers locate suspect in front of a nearby business. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 56 years.
- 6-22-19, 7:12 PM to 7:13 PM, 1000 block of Diamond. Suspect takes loss from victim’s front porch. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, White, 30 – 40 years, heavy set, wearing glasses, Hawaiian t-shirt, black shorts, and white shoes. LOSS: Parcel package.
- 7-14-19, 1:59 PM to 3:45 PM, 300 block of Hawthorne. Suspect takes loss from victim’s front porch. LOSS: Parcel package.
- 7-12-19, 6:00 PM to 6:30 PM, Monterey/Fremont. Subject approaches minor in a vehicle and asks minor several questions before offering her a ride. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Hispanic, 30 years, clean cut brown hair, brown eyes, heavy set, wearing a dark shirt and dark jeans, with both arms fully tattooed.
DRUNK IN PUBLIC
- 7-10-19, 10:11 AM to 10:31 AM, 700 block of Fair Oaks. Officers respond to an intoxicated subject refusing to leave a business. Officers make contact with subject and find him to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to care for himself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 59 years, Pasadena.
- 7-14-19, 10:47 PM to 11:00 PM, 800 block of El Centro. Officer responds to a welfare check and finds the subject to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to care for himself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 26 years.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD FRAUD/CHECK FRAUD
- 7-10-19, 1:20 PM to 1:42 PM. Suspect(s) use victim’s information to open fraudulent accounts and make unauthorized leases.
- 6-16-19, 11:00 AM to 6-17-19, 6:00 PM. Suspect(s) alters and cashes victim’s checks.
- 7-11-19, 3:12 PM to 3:43 PM. Suspect uses victim’s information for employment.
- 7-11-19, 3:41 PM to 4:30 PM. Suspect(s) use victim’s banking information to create and attempt to cash fictitious checks.
- 7-11-19, 2:31 PM to 3:30 PM. Suspect poses as an electric company employee and calls victim, telling him to pay his electric bill. Suspect instructs victim to provide payment in the form of Money Pak cards. Victim complies with suspect’s instructions.
- 7-11-19, 12:17 PM to 12:54 PM, 1000 block of Fremont. Suspect breaks victim’s windows. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, White, 18 years, South Pasadena.
- 7-13-19, 2:19 AM to 2:46 AM, 200 block of Monterey. Officer conducts a traffic stop and finds the driver to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to care for herself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, White, 33 years, Hawthorne.
- 7-13-19, 8:29 AM to 9:10 AM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect enters store and employee sees suspect place loss into basket and exit store without paying. Employees confront suspect and suspect pulls out pepper spray, attempting to spray employees. Officers locate suspect and find suspect in possession of heroin and glass pipes. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 32 years, Studio City. LOSS: Vitamins, medicine (recovered).
POSSESSION OF PARAPHERNALIA
- 7-15-19, 12:12 AM to 12:24 AM, 600 block of Arroyo. Officer on patrol makes contact with subject and finds subject to be in possession of a methamphetamine pipe. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 32 years.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.