The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. Call the South Pasadena Police Department at (626) 403-7297 to report any suspicious activity.
• _1-25-18, 9 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., 800 block of Grand. ’04 Honda Element. Suspect(s) remove loss from victim’s vehicle. Loss: Catalytic converter.
• _1-11-18, 3:50 a.m., 1000 block of Sycamore. Suspect uses a key to unlock a mailbox panel and takes loss. Suspect Description: Male, Hispanic, 17-25 years, medium build, dark hair, moustache, wearing a black t-shirt, dark jacket, light-colored cap with logo. Loss: Mail.
• _1-26-18, 8 a.m.to 8:10 a.m., 200 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect takes victim’s unattended loss. Lpss: Bank cards, driver’s license.
• _1-26-18, 8:30 p.m. to 1-27-18, 8 a.m., 1400 block of Maple. ’07 Toyota Prius. Suspect(s) gain access into victim’s vehicle through unknown means and take loss. Loss: iPod, cash, miscellaneous items.
• _1-27-18, 7:23 PM, 1700 block of Garfield (Ralphs). Suspect takes loss and leaves store without paying. Suspecet Description: Male, Black, 30 years, 6’5’’, wearing a red jacket, black or blue pants. Loss: Food products.
• _1-29-18, 1:42PM, 1700 block of Garfield (Ralphs). Suspects take loss from store and leave without paying. Suspect Arrested: S1 – Female, White, 18 years, Alhambra. S2 – Female, White, 41 years, Los Angeles. S3 – Female, White, 47 years, Los Angeles. Loss: Cosmetics, baby items (recovered).
• _1-30-18, 7:27 a.m. to 7:56 a.m., 2000 block of Crestlake. ’14 Toyota Prius. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s unlocked vehicle. Loss: Coin purse, cash, and gift cards.
• _1-25-18, 1:14 PM, 800 block of Magnolia. Officer responds to a DUI driver and finds victim to be driving under the influence of an unknown drug. Suspect Arrested: Female, White, 27 years, Granada Hills.
• _1-26-18, 4:20 a.m., Columbia/Pasadena. Officers respond to a call regarding a subject being asleep at the wheel and find suspect to be driving under the influence of alcohol. Suspect Arrested: Male, 25 years, Los Angeles.
• _1-27-18, 12:24 a.m., 300 block of Doran. Officers respond to a hit and run traffic collision and find suspect to be driving under the influence of alcohol. Suspect Arrested: Male, 22 years.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD FRAUD/CHECK FRAUD
• _1-26-18, 5:15 p.m. to 1-27-18, 12:30 a.m., 1100 block of Magnolia. Suspect(s) use victim’s information and makes several unauthorized withdrawals.
• _8-1-17, 8:10 p.m. to 1-28-18, 8:10 p.m., 4900 block of Collis. Suspect uses victim’s information and makes several unauthorized purchases.
• _1-25-18, 10:30 p.m. to 1-29-18, 11:00 a.m., 1700 block of Huntington. Suspect uses victim’s information and makes several unauthorized purchases.
• _1-27-18, 6:08 AM to 6:09 a.m., 1400 block of Lyndon. ’12 Infiniti G37. Suspects gain entry to victim’s unlocked vehicle. Loss: None.
• 1-24-18, 3:56 p.m. to 4:12 p.m., 2000 block of Stratford. ’06 Chevrolet 3500 HD.
• _1-25-18, 6:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 1100 block of Huntington. Suspect(s) enters victim’s detached garage by forcing the door open. LOSS: Bicycles, wooden box.
• _1-25-18, 3:30 PM to 1-27-18, 10:50 a.m., 1300 block of Diamond. Suspect(s) gain entry to victim’s residence by forcing open a window. Loss: None.
• _1-30-18, 5:10 p.m., 1700 block of Camino Lindo. Suspect(s) gain entry to victim’s residence by smashing a rear window, which activates house alarm. Suspect(s) flee without making entry. Loss: None.
• _1-26-18, 7:26 a.m. to 7:57 a.m., 1700 block of Garfield. ’09 Volkswagen Rabbit. Suspect(s) smashes window of victim’s vehicle and take loss. Loss: Tools.
• _1-26-18, 3:30 p.m. to 1-27-18, 5:50 a.m., 2000 block of Meridian. ’07 Honda Accord. Suspect gains entry to the trunk of victim’s vehicle through unknown means. Loss: Sports equipment, miscellaneous electronics.
• _1-26-18, 9:00 p.m. to 1-28-18, 10:30 a.m., 2000 block of Meridian. ’96 Toyota 4Runner. Suspect(s) enter victim’s vehicle through unknown means. Loss: Backpack, compass, watch.
• _1-30-18, 8:00 PM to 8:18 p.m., 1300 block of Lyndon. Scion FRS. Suspect(s) enter victim’s vehicle through unknown means. Loss: Clothing, owner’s manual, sunglasses, miscellaneous electronics.
1-27-18, 2:00 p.m. to 1-28-18, 10:46 a.m., 1400 block of Huntington (MCS TEK). Suspect(s) break lock to a gate to enter business. Loss: Packages.
1-25-18, 8:30 a.m., 1100 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect approaches victim from behind with a knife and demands victim’s loss. Suspect Description: Male, Hispanic, 20 to 30 years, slender build, wearing a gray sweatshirt and black pants. Suspect Description: Black. Loss: Jewelry.
•1-28-18, 12:46 p.m. to 1:21 p.m., 1100 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect gets into an argument with victim and punches victim in the face. Suspect Arrested: Male, Black, 52 years, South Pasadena.
CARJACKINGS/RESIDENTIAL BURGLARIES/STOLEN VEHICLES 1-27-18, 7:30 p.m., numerous locations. Suspect breaks into victim 1’s apartment located at the 300 block of Raymondale by prying open the front door and smashing a window. Suspect takes bicycle and other loss. Suspect confronts victim 2 with a knife and demands the keys to victim 2’s vehicle. Victim 2 refuses and suspect attempts to stab victim 2 with a knife. Suspect flees on a bicycle and police are called. While investigating robbery suspect rides to victim 3’s residence located at the 1900 block of Spruce. Suspect gains entry to victim 3’s residence by smashing a window while victim 3 is home. Suspect takes car keys and steals victim 3’s vehicle, leaving victim 1’s bicycle behind. While driving victim 3’s stolen vehicle, suspect becomes involved in a traffic collision at the intersection of Fremont and Mission. Victim 4 parks across from suspect and attempts to help suspect. Suspect demands the keys to victim 4’s vehicle and victim 4 refuses. Suspect assaults victim 4 and runs to a parking lot at the corner of Fremont and Hope. Suspect was unsuccessful in stealing two cars parked in the parking lot and goes to victim 5’s residence in the 700 block of Fremont. Suspect gains entry to victim 5’s residence by opening an unlocked door. Suspect takes car keys and steals victim 5’s vehicle. A police helicopter spot suspect driving on the 110 freeway and suspect is involved in a traffic collision near the Salonica off-ramp. Suspect jumps over fence and attempts to enter several cars parked along Bridewell. Suspect finally uses a rock to smash a window and enter victim 6’s vehicle. Officers arrive and arrest suspect. After an investigation it was determined that suspect was responsible for the series of crimes. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 27 years, transient.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at (626) 403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.