The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• 11-12-20, 1:00 AM to 11-13-20, 3:30 AM, 700 Block of Brent. Suspect(s) enter victim’s detached garage by unknown means and take loss. LOSS: Electrical equipment, miscellaneous items.
• 11-28-20, 3 PM, 1000 Block of Arroyo. Suspect takes loss from victim’s front porch. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Female, carrying a dark colored purse and a light colored handbag, and wearing a light colored jacket, blue jeans, and light colored tennis shoes. LOSS: Parcel package.
• 11-13-20, 12:18 PM, 1:56 PM, 600 Block of Orange Grove. Suspect(s) takes loss from victim’s front porch. LOSS: Parcel package.
• 11-29-20, 4:28 PM to 5:58 PM, 800 El Centro. Suspect takes loss from victim’s front porch. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, wearing a dark colored hat worn backwards, a dark colored shirt with a white shirt underneath, and glasses. LOSS: Parcel package.
• 11-22-20 to 11-24-20, 700 Block of Orange Grove. Victim contacts an individual (suspect) selling a cat on a website and agrees to purchase it, using Venmo to send U.S currency. The victim then sends more U.S currency to the suspect for a cage rental as the cat will be shipped to victim’s residence, however, the victim never received the cat. LOSS: U.S currency.
• 11-25-20, 1:22 PM, 1500 Block of Oak. Victim becomes aware of an active vehicle loan under victim’s name without permission.
• October 2020, 500 Block of Garfield. Suspect(s) gain access to victim’s bank account through unknown means and take loss. LOSS: U.S currency.
• 11-30-20, 10:07 AM, 1400 Block of Mission. Subject(s) attempts to deposit a fraudulent check in Ohio.
TAMPERING WITH A MOTOR VEHICLE
• 10-15-20 to 11-22-20,1200 Block of Huntington, ’10 Volvo XC60. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s vehicle without owner’s permission and replace with a license plate belonging to a different vehicle. LOSS: License plate.
DRUNK IN PUBLIC
• 11-28-20, 10:00 PM, 1000 Block of Mission. Officers are dispatched to Mission and Meridian in regards to a disturbance involving an individual yelling at pedestrians and throwing glass onto the sidewalk. The suspect is then found to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to care for himself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 27 years, Los Angeles.
• 11-27-20, 12:30 AM, Huntington and Fair Oaks. Officers respond to a possible hit and run traffic collision and locate the vehicle in a detached garage. Officers contact driver who is found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and later assaults custodial officer. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, 40 years, Alhambra.
• 11-28-20, 9:59 AM, 500 Block of Five Oaks. Suspect breaks into victim’s (estranged girlfriend) residence and assaults victim. Victim’s mother and sister attempt to assist and suspect is stabbed during the struggle. Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department is handling the investigation.
• 11-28-20, 3:50 AM, 1800 Block of State. Suspect(s) gain access to the building by forcefully pulling the gate open and take loss from mailboxes. SUSPECT VEHICLE: White, Toyota Solara. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: S1- Female, wearing a facial mask, gray hooded sweater, black sweatpants, and carried a dark colored backpack. S2- Male, wearing a facial mask, green plaid long sleeved shirt, and blue jeans. LOSS: Mail documents.
• 11-29-20, 11:20 PM to 11:40 PM, 200 Block of Monterey, ’15 Honda Odyssey. Suspect enters subterranean garage by an open security gate and takes loss from victim’s unlocked vehicle. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, 5’10” 160 lbs, black hair, wearing a black face mask, white t-shirt, black pants, white shoes, and carrying a black backpack. LOSS: Tote bag, wind chime, vehicle registration, and vehicle insurance card.
THEFT FROM MOTOR VEHICLE
• 11-14-20, 10:00 PM to 11-15-20, 10:24 AM, 1600 Block of Huntington, ’06 BMW 325i. Suspect(s) enter victim’s vehicle by unknown means and take loss. LOSS: Electrical equipment.
• 11-23-20, 7:25 PM to 9:25 PM, 800 Block of El Centro, ’17 Kia. Suspect(s) enter victim’s unlocked vehicle and take loss. LOSS: Vaporizer, phone charger, and a small/medium sized cardboard box.
• 11-28-20, 4:00 PM to 11-30-20, 11:00 AM, 800 Block of Magnolia, ’19 Land Rover, unknown model. Suspect(s) enter victim’s unlocked vehicle and take loss. LOSS: U.S currency.
• 11-26-20, 6:20 PM to 11-27-20, 6:50 AM, 100 Block of Pasadena, ’14 International Prostar.
• 11-24-20, 9:14 PM, parkway at Camino Verde/Via Del Rey. Victim places online ad on “Offer-Up”. Suspect replies and victim agree to meet suspect in South Pasadena. Suspect pulls out a gun and takes loss from victim, then flees through park towards LA. LOSS: Minibike. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, 6’00”, 250 lbs, wearing a gray/white/red plaid long-sleeve shirt, dark pants, a gray hat, and a gray mask.
• 11-21-20, 11:45 AM, 600 Block of Prospect. Suspect and victim get into a verbal altercation and the suspect physically assaults victim while victim is inside a vehicle.
• 11-27-20, 5:51 PM, 1000 Block of Pico Alley. Suspect and victim get into a verbal argument regarding illegally parking a vehicle, suspect then physically assaults victim after being pepper sprayed.
POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
• 11-26-20, 1:02 AM, 1600 Block of Meridian, ’04 Porsche Cayenne S. Officers make contact with a subject near a vehicle on tire-changing ramps in the parking lot and is found to be in possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.