The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• 2-21-20, 12:00 AM to 7:00 AM, 1800 block of Meridian. Suspect takes loss from victim’s apartment stairwell. LOSS: Bicycle.
• 3-2-20, 5:00 PM to 3-3-20, 7:00 AM, 300 block of Monterey. ’14 Mazda CX-5. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s unlocked vehicle. LOSS: Computer tablet, bag, mail, keys, cell phone, miscellaneous items.
• 3-3-20, 10:18 PM to 11:12 PM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect takes loss and leaves store without paying. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Black, 35 years, Los Angeles. LOSS: Razor blades (recovered).
• 3-4-20, 4:53 AM to 5:03 AM, 100 block of Monterey. ’03 Toyota 4Runner. Suspect enters victim’s unlocked vehicle and takes loss. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, wearing a flannel style jacket with hooded sweatshirt, baseball cap, glasses, carrying a small bag. LOSS: Glasses, cash.
• 3-3-20, 2:15 PM to 4:15 PM, 1500 block of Diamond (South Pasadena High School). Suspect takes loss from victim’s locker. LOSS: Earbuds.
• 3-7-20, 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM, 1000 block of Park. ’98 Honda Civic. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s unlocked vehicle. LOSS: Cell phones, keys, wallet.
- 1-22-20, 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks. ’10 Audi A4. Suspect responds to an online ad and meets with victim to test drive a vehicle. Suspect drives off with victim’s vehicle and does not return. Suspect later sells the vehicle. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Hispanic.
- 3-5-20, 12:00 PM to 12:20 PM, 2000 block of Oak. ’10 Honda CR-V. Suspect(s) smash the driver side window of victim’s vehicle and take loss. LOSS: Purse.
- 3-8-20, 9:34 PM to 10:10 PM, Fremont/Columbia. Officer observes suspect driving recklessly and colliding with a parked vehicle. Suspect is found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 35 years, Pasadena.
- 3-3-20, 5:20 AM to 6:20 AM, 200 block of Monterey (Pedal Spin Studio). ’11 Lincoln MKX. Suspect enters business and takes unattended loss. Suspect then takes victim’s vehicle without permission. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, White or Hispanic, late 20s, 5’10’’, 170 lbs., short hair, light beard, wearing a black baseball cap with a tan bill and circular gold emblem, black and red jacket, black pants, light colored shoes, black backpack with multiple side pouches. LOSS: Car keys, cell phone, wallet, credit cards, cash.
• 3-4-20, 5:05 AM to 5:14 AM, 90 block of Monterey. ’07 Chevrolet Express.
• 3-3-20, 11:00 PM to 3-4-20, 6:30 AM, 700 block of Fair Oaks (attempt). ’16 GMC
Savana. Suspect attempts to steal victim’s vehicle by tampering with the ignition.
• 3-8-20, 10:51 AM to 11:01 AM, 1900 block of La Fremontia. ’98 Acura Integra (recovered).
• 3-8-20, 11:24 AM to 11:56 AM, 800 block of Garfield. ’00 Honda Civic.
• 3-8-20, 11:57 AM to 12:07 PM, 1600 block of Huntington. ’98 Honda Civic.
• 3-4-20, 8:28 PM to 8:48 PM, 1200 block of Fair Oaks. Officers respond to a call regarding a disoriented subject and find suspect to be under the influence of narcotics and unable to care for herself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, White, 28 years, South Pasadena.
• 3-9-20, 4:25 PM to 4:45 PM, 800 block of Mound. Officers respond to a call regarding a subject drinking from an open container and find suspect to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to care for himself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 36 years, Long Beach.
FRAUD BY FALSE PRETENSE
- 3-6-20, 9:34 AM to 11:57 AM. Suspect calls victim and claims to be with Apple Support. Suspect claims that victim’s computer has been hacked and to click on a computer link to resolve the issue. Victim complies and suspect asks victim for account numbers. Victim provides account numbers and suspect makes several unauthorized transactions.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD FRAUD/CHECK FRAUD
• 4-26-20, 12:00 AM to 8-2-20, 11:59 PM. Suspect(s) alter victim’s check and attempt to make an unauthorized transaction.
• 2-27-20, 2:40 PM to 3-8-20, 2:40 PM. Suspect(s) use victim’s information and opens several unauthorized accounts.
• 3-9-20, 12:49 PM to 1:25 PM, 900 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect(s) attempt to make an unauthorized withdrawal.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.