(Hundred block given in place of exact address)
The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember: call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• 4-25-23, 10:58 AM to 11:00 AM, 900 block of Fair Oaks (Rite Aid). Suspect places loss in bag and leaves store without paying. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, White, 20 years, wearing a blue sweater, black pants, carrying a laptop bag. LOSS: Coffee jar.
• 4-25-23, 6:00 PM to 4-26-23, 7:45 AM, 1700 block of Huntington. ’06 Ford Mustang. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Electronics.
• 4-17-23, 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM, 600 block of Prospect. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s front porch. LOSS: Parcel package.
• 4-18-23, 5:40 PM to 4-19-23, 7:00 AM, 900 block of Lyndon. ’19 Ford Edge. Suspect(s) enters victim’s vehicle by unknown means and take loss. LOSS: Miscellaneous paperwork.
• 4-26-23, 2:00 PM, 1600 block of Fletcher. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s front porch. LOSS: Parcel packages.
• 4-29-23, 5:30 AM to 5:35 AM, 800 block of Mission. Suspects take loss from shared mailbox area. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: S1 – Male, Hispanic, 30s, wearing a black hat, black jacket, black pants with white stripes, black shoes. S2 – Female, 30s, wearing a white bandana, black hooded sweatshirt, black pants, white shoes. LOSS: Parcel packages.
• 5-1-23, 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, 300 block of Monterey. Suspect(s) pry open victim’s mailbox. LOSS: Mail.
4-28-23, 7:20 PM, 600 block of Orange Grove. Suspects take loss from victim’s carport. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: S1 – Male, Hispanic. S2 – Female, Hispanic. SUSPECT VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: Silver Honda CR-V. LOSS: Tools, clothing.
• 4-3-23, 12:00 PM to 4-4-23, 12:00 AM. Victim applies for a job and is instructed to deposit checks electronically. The checks turn out to be fraudulent and victim’s bank account is suspended.
• 4-14-23, 3:29 PM, 900 block of Fair Oaks (Lucha’s Comfort Footwear). Suspect purchases items with counterfeit bills. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, light skinned, wearing a blue baseball cap, dark sweater, blue jeans, white and black Nike shoes.
• 3-8-23, 8:00 AM to 4-20-23, 11:49 PM. Suspect(s) use victim’s information and make several unauthorized transactions.
• 10-27-22, 12:00 AM to 5-1-23, 12:00 AM. Suspect(s) use victim’s information and opens an unauthorized account.
FRAUD BY FALSE PRETENSE
4-28-23, 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM, 900 block of Meridian. Suspect calls victim and claims to be with the Department of Immigration and that there is a warrant for victim’s arrest. Suspect states that victim would have to send money electronically to remove the warrant. Victim complies.
POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
4-26-23, 4:20 PM to 6:00 PM, State/Raymondale. Officers respond to a call of subjects smoking drugs in a vehicle. Officers contact occupants and find suspect to be in possession of fentanyl. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, White, 35 years, Westlake Village.
4-27-23, 10:30 PM to 4-28-23, 8:15 AM, 700 block of Brent. ’08 Lexus IS 250. Vehicle recovered by LAPD Hollenbeck on 4-29-23.
• 4-29-23, 4:02 AM, El Centro/Fair Oaks. Officers respond to a traffic collision and find suspect to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Asian, 28 years, Loma Linda.
• 4-30-23, 1:30 AM, 1600 block of Fremont. Officers respond to a traffic collision and find suspect to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 32 years, Alhambra.
• 4-30-23, 3:01 AM, Fair Oaks/State. Officer conducts a traffic stop and finds suspect to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 22 years, Los Angeles.
Injury Traffic Collision
• 5-1-23, 3:33 PM to 3:34 PM, 600 block of Fair Oaks.
• 5-1-23, 5:46 PM, Huntington/Fremont.
Non-injury Traffic Collision
• 4-25-23, 3:04 PM, Oak/Fair Oaks. Hit and run.
• 5-1-23, 10:44 AM, Monterey/Fremont.
• 5-1-23, 3:44 PM, State/Fair Oaks. Hit and run.