The South Pasadena Arts Crawl this Saturday October 16 is shaping up to be a humdinger of a time with lively events happening all over town beginning at 4pm and winding down around 9pm. It’s become known as a friendly “neighborhood-night-on-the-town” where our vast array of eclectic businesses are open to all, featuring crafts, live music, trunk shows, comedy and more!
“The Arts Crawl features many retail stores staying open for extended hours while special
art displays, music and activities are spread throughout the business district,” explained
South Pasadena Chamber of Commerce CEO Laurie Wheeler. “Each Arts Crawl features a variety of entertainment to be enjoyed by patrons of all ages while shopping, dining and enjoying South Pasadena.”
A triple header of ribbon-cutting ceremonies earlier in the day will celebrate three new
women-owned businesses opening in South Pasadena with the following schedule:
- 8 a.m. Waverly Café, 1010 ½ Fair Oaks Ave. Stop by for a cup of coffee.
- 1 p.m. South Plantsadena, 1005B Mission, featuring plants and books – a great
combination and great gifts!
- Immediately following, Raices, 906 Meridian, offering hand-crafted soaps and skin
care products made in Mexico.
Cool Happenings About Town For The Crawl include:
A) Artisans’ Alley
Meridian Ave and Mission St
Showcases a variety of art, crafts and gifts including: KARA TAUB, Steve Cheng (Artspetizer), Mexican Crafts & Bags, Hojas damor, Goat Rodeo Soap, Bellagazoo Jewels, ANIA Footwear, My Big Romance, Breath of Light, Adams Forge
B) Poetry Reading & Pop-Up Dance Class South Pasadena City Hall Courtyard, 1414 Mission St
Glad To Be Outside Again: A Evening of Spoken Word, Straight-Up Poetry and Drama. Poets include Beverly Lafontaine, Rick Leedy, Suzanne Lummis and Ron Koertge. Julianna Bulgarelli will host a pop up modern/jazz fusion dance class for all ages at 5:40pm.
C) SPARC Gallery South Pasadena Chamber of Commerce, 1121 Mission St
Opening of “A Recurrent Retreat” featuring artist Val Trimarchi
- Adobe Design 1506 Mission St
Offers a candle making workshop from 5 – 8:00pm.
- Camille DePedrini 1516 Mission St
Showcases new accessories collections by Santacana Madrid and Anytra.
- De Milo Design Studio & Letterpress 1401 Mission St
Hosts an interactive letterpress demo with participants printing a poem by Mary Oliver to keep.
- The Dinosaur Farm & Kidd’s Jewelry Heist 1510 Mission St
An outdoor musical performance from Kelly Kidd & Friends (including Redd Carter, Britton Buchanan & Ralphy) from 8:00-9:00 pm. Swing by for some great music!
- Hotbox Vintage 1127 Mission St
Offers a mini vintage market featuring vintage, found, collected furniture and home goods by Patina Home LA & The Heights Furniture. Curated Vintage Jewelry by Xanadu Jewels and Plus Size Original & Vintage pieces by Proud Mary Fashion.
- Jeweled Universe 1017 Mission St Unit B
Showcases a trunk show by local artist Julie Hopwood and a musicial performance by Jeudi, a vintage voiced chanteuse from 7-8 pm, plus 30% off all summer dresses.
- La Monarca Bakery 1001 Mission St Features artwork by graphic designer Baggio Ardon and other local artists.
- Mosaic 1023Fair Oaks AveShowcases Switch It Up! A video game tournament for youth, plus complimentary food by DogHaus and a shoe giveaway by HavASole from 4-8 pm.
- Old Focals 1110 Mission St
Features music by HOB band from 4-6 pm and 7-8 pm.
- Pretty is Contagious 1017 Mission St. Unit A
Offers “Grab Bag,” treat bags filled with fun surprise items and hopscotch in front of the shop.
- Republic of Lucha 1020 Mission St Suite H
A rooftop movie screening at 8 pm of “The Bat Woman” (1961) in English, plus an artscrawl sale of 15% off the entire store (excludes mask and current exhibit) and an art clearance sale (all remaining pieces from previous exhibits will be on sale at 30% off).
- Retreat Gifts 950 Mission St
Offers a jewelry trunk show by Amanda K. Lockrow, felted items by Felty 995 and candle artist Radiant Light.
- Rue de Mimo 1514 Mission St
Knowledge Free performing from 3:00 pm-7:00 pm
- South Pasadena Public Library 1100 Oxley St
Hosts a community art event at which participants will decorate a card to be added to create our collectively decorated “One City One Story” poem, which is written by South Pasadena Poet Laureate Ron Koertge.
- South Plantsadena 1005 Mission St. Unit B
Hosts three vendors featuring handmade macrame by Peach Lights Ltd, 3D-printed plant vessels by Design by Kenji-Luis, handmade jewelry by Jordan Aiken Design, as well as art decor and plant hangers. Plus submit a Halloween-themed artwork! All submissions will be on view at the Museum of Free Art, with selected winners receiving a gift certificate for South Plantsadena and free art supplies from the Museum of Free Art.
- Square Deal Barbershop 1108 Mission St.
Hosts an evening of comedy, with multiple performers, from 5-8 pm.
- SugarMynt Gallery 810 Meridian Ave
Exhibits Trick ‘r Treat IN HADDONFIELD ($20 per admission)
- Vidéothèque 1020 Mission St. Suite JOffers a clearance sidewalk sale of videos.
- ARO Latin 1019 Mission St
Features Lucas aka Heaven djing cumbia, raggaeton, baile funk, afro beats y mas from 4-8 pm and surprise drink specials.
- Griffins Of Kinsale 1007 Mission St
The Drive takes the stage at 8:00 pm.
- Jones Coffee Roasters 1006 Mission St
Musical Entertainment (4pm – 8pm): Joe DuBois Jazz Group (jazz, funk and soul covers + original music)
William Fox(country, folk and American originals and covers)
Artists on Display:
Andrew Peña (original artwork inspired by local landmarks found within Pasadena and South Pasadena)
Cathy Perlmutter (fine handcrafted quilts, some inspired by Jones Coffee Roaster)
Scott Kuza, (new series of urban photography, captured scenes from film and commercial production projects)
Noe Piña (welded art pieces inspired by natural systems of sustainability) Please note, all artwork will be available for purchase.
- Mamma’s Brick Oven Pizza & Pasta 1007 Fair Oaks Ave
Hosts musical performances by Brad Colerick at 6pm and Day Job ft. Michael Campagna from 7-9 pm under the tent. Bring your dancing shoes!
- Simplee Boba 954 Mission St Features live music by Tisha Thompson from 5:30-8:00 pm.
- TeaMorrow 1005A Mission St
Buy one HOT Hokkaido Milk Tea, Get the 2nd HOT Hokkaido Milk Tea 50% OFF
- The Munch Company 1028 Mission St
Offers 10% off their whole menuand displays paintings by Meg Jorgenson
Food Truck Sus Arepas will be at the 1500 Block Mission St