The Pasadena Tournament of Roses announced the nine featured segments appearing in “The Rose Parade’s New Year Celebration presented by Honda.” Each segment will spotlight award-winning float participants and sponsors, their Rose Parade legacy and their commitment to the community. Some have been Rose Parade mainstays for decades, while others are just getting started on the annual procession down Colorado Boulevard.
- Cal Poly Universities – A behind-the-scenes look into the making of a float
- City of Hope – Celebrating doctors, nurses, cancer survivors and new beginnings
- Dole Packaged Foods – highlighting its efforts to bring access to sustainable nutrition for 1 billion people by 2025
- Donate Life – Presenting a floral sculpture to honor organ and tissue donors, as well as healthcare heroes who make the gift of life possible
- FTD – Contributing their iconic floral décor in the Rose Parade for nearly 70 years
- Honda – Celebrating more than 60 years of innovation and commitment to helping others
- Kaiser Permanente – Honoring health care heroes and a healthy, thriving world
- Trader Joe’s – Saluting store Crew Members who are nourishing their neighborhoods, every day
- The UPS Store – Highlighting their dedication to literacy, providing children resources to read
The TV entertainment special – “The Rose Parade’s New Year Celebration presented by Honda” – will also feature special musical performances, marching bands, heartwarming segments related to the Rose Parade, special Rose Bowl Game® football highlights, equestrians and New Year’s wishes from fans around the world. Viewers can also experience elements from past parades virtually through an augmented reality experience exclusively from Honda on Snapchat.
The Tournament of Roses has partnered with six broadcasters to air the two-hour TV entertainment special on New Year’s Day. The show will air during the time slot traditionally reserved for live coverage of the Rose Parade® presented by Honda. The special will air on ABC, Hallmark Channel, KTLA, NBC and RFD-TV at 8 a.m. PST and on Univision at 7 a.m. PST on January 1, 2021. To keep everyone safe, all new footage for the special was filmed using the strictest COVID-19 safety protocols.