Every September in South Pasadena, excitement begins to build, for young and old alike, as our Police and Fire Departments open their houses for a full day of thrilling and informative activities. If that weren’t enough, it is held in conjunction with the South Pasadena Tournament of Roses Classic Car Show, featuring 300 pre-1975 Classic and Hot Rod vehicles!
A day of activities for both children and adults will take place at the South Pasadena Police and Fire Departments Open House on Sunday, September 17, 2017, from 10 AM to 3 PM. Along with the South Pasadena Tournament of Roses Classic Car Show, the Open House will have a full day of activities. The theme for the event will focus on Emergency Preparedness and there will be plenty of great information and demonstrations on emergency preparedness. Below is just a small part of what will be happening at the Open House, so stay tuned for a full schedule of events:
- Helicopters will be landing and taking off throughout the day! Always a crowd favorite! Tentatively scheduled to land are: Los Angeles City Fire’s Agusta Westland 139, San Bernardino County Fire/REACH Air Medical’s Eurocopter and the Pasadena Police Department’s Hughes MD-500.
- Force Options Simulator
- Enter the South Pasadena Police Officers’ Association raffle to win a ride in a police helicopter!
- South Pasadena Police Department’s canines perform a demonstration
- FREE police water bottle
- Children can get a souvenir photograph on a police motorcycle
- Guided tours of the police station
- Parents get your children fingerprinted and photographed at the “Kid print” table located inside City Hall, sponsored by Cogent Systems, Inc.
- LA County Fire Department’s “Quaky Shaky” house that simulates an earthquake
- Show your support to the “Pink Patch Project” by purchasing a South Pasadena Police “Pink Patch” or “Pink Patch t-shirt”. All proceeds go directly to help fund breast cancer research and awareness
- The “Star Car Central” car club, a Hollywood based television and movie car group of owners/builders of famous vehicles, return with another great line-up of cars. Tentative television and movie cars that can be seen include:
Austin Power’s “Shaguar”, “Magnum P.I.’s” Ferrari 308 GTSi, “Herbie” the Love Bug, “Rockford Files” Pontiac Firebird, “Green Hornet’s” Black Beauty, “Knight Rider” Mustang KITT car and others still to be announced!
The day’s event is free to all, so bring the family and enjoy the day! Check back here for updates including a full line-up. Click here for our Handy Dandy Line-up.
For more information, visit www.southpasadenaca.gov/police or call 626-403-7285.