It’s up for grabs, but if history has anything to do with it, the role will fall on the person serving in the board clerk seat, and currently that position belongs to Michele Kipke.
Reorganization of the board, including a new president and board clerk, is among the highlights of Tuesday’s Board of Education meeting, starting at 6:30 p.m. at the South Pasadena Unified School District.
Other items on the agenda include:
- Recognition of the South Pasadena High School girls’ volleyball team, a finalist in the state finals, will be made.
- Arroyo Vista and Monterey Hills Elementary Schools will be honored as National Blue Ribbon School recipients.
- The Teachers’ Association of South Pasadena (TASP) has submitted its initial proposal for 2020-2021 negotiations, the first year of a three-year agreement. Dr. Karen Reed, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, recommends that the Board of Education approve the District’s Initial Proposal for the 2020-2021 contract negotiations with the Teachers’ Association of South Pasadena (TASP).
- Measure SP Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee 2018-2019 School Year Report, an overview of construction projects in the district, will be delivered by Committee Chairperson Dean Serwin.
- Executive Summary of 2019-2020 K-12 School Plans for Student Achievement will be given by the school principals at each of the five principals in the South Pasadena Unified School District.
- The First Interim Report, the district’s ability to meet its financial obligations for the remainder of that fiscal year and for the subsequent two fiscal years, will be reviewed.