July 3 – A free theatrical performance entitled “We, Too, Are America,”presented by Jim and Lissa Reynolds in the South Pasadena High School auditorium on July 3, a 6:30 p.m. Reservations required. Individuals must register for the performance at Anderson Auditorium.
Fourth of July
7-11 a.m. – Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast, South Pasadena Fire Department, 817 Mound Avenue, tickets $10, Kids 3 and under no charge.
10:30 a.m. – Festival of Balloons Opening Ceremonies, footsteps of South Pasadena Library Community Room, 1115 El Centro Street.
11:00 – A parade that has been part of the South Pasadena landscape since 1982 makes its first return since 2019.
Noon – Music, games and activities in Garfield Park following the parade.
9 p.m. – Fireworks Show at South Pasadena High School, South Pasadena High School, 1401 Fremont Avenue. (Gates open at 5:30 p.m.) Food vendors will be on site at the show.
• Stadium – Alcohol and glass bottles are not allowed in the stadium.
• Field – Only water is permitted on the field, no food. Rounded bottom chairs only on the field (narrow legs/feet of camping chairs will damage the turf). Pets are not allowed at the stadium.
Pancake Breakfast and Fireworks Tickets
Fireworks Tickets, Presale (Beginning 6/20): $11.00 per person. Kids under 3 years old are free.
Fireworks Tickets, Day of (July 4, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.): $11.00 per person. Kids under 3 years old are free:
- At the Pancake Breakfast (7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.)
- At Diamond & Mission / City Hall / Fair Oaks & Mission (11:00 a.m. to finish of Parade)
- At Garfield Park (12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
Fireworks Tickets, At the Gate (July 4, 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.): $13.00 per person. Kids under 3 years old are free.
Where to Buy Pancake Breakfast and Fireworks Tickets
– South Pasadenan, 1107 Mission Street
– Lost Parrot Café, 1929 Huntington Drive
– UPS Store, 1107 Fair Oaks Avenue
– South Pasadena-San Marino YMCA, 1605 Garfield Avenue
– South Pasadena Fire Station, 817 Mound Avenue
– South Pasadena Senior Center, 1102 Oxley Street
– Bristol Farms, 606 Fair Oaks Avenue
– Charlie’s Coffee House, 266 Monterey Road
– Dinosaur Farm, 1510 Mission Street
– Jones Coffee Roasters, 1006 Mission Street