Dear WISPPA members,
We hope you are safe and well!
There is a city council meeting on Wednesday, May 20 at 7:30. Click here for the agenda packet.
- City Council meetings are recorded live and are replayed on two cable channels – Time Warner Cable Channel 19 and AT&T Channel 99 for cable customers who reside in South Pasadena. City Council meetings are also web streamed (click here) and are available for six months online. DVD recordings of the meetings are available at the City Clerk’s Office.
- **Public Comment may be submitted for the May 20, 2020 Regular City Council Meeting by emailing email@example.com. **Public Comments must be received by 6 p.m., May 19, 2020 to ensure adequate time to compile. Public Comment portion of the email is limited to 150 words. Please make sure to indicate: 1) Your name; 2) what agenda item you are submitting public comment on or if it is a general public comment; and 3) clearly state if you wish for your comment to be read during the meeting.
There are new letters on our WISPPA Opinion Page addressing the budget process and the 150 word limit for comments at city council meetings.. Please let us know if you are concerned about an issue and/or have an opinion about something happening in our city. You can just write us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or copy WISPPA when you write the city or media. This is especially important now since we are not sharing our thoughts at meetings during this time of social distancing. WE NEED TO STAY CONNECTED!
The following commissions will be meeting in the next week or so. Please click on the commission name for more info, agendas, video of past meetings, etc.:
- Finance Commission Tuesday, May 26 at 9:00 a.m.
INFORMATION OF INTEREST
Have you completed the Census? If not, click here to go to the U.S. Census page.
City Budget: South Pasadena has created a fully digital community budget engagement program. The platform includes visual information about the municipal budget accompanied by narratives from each department, The City has extended the online public outreach tool and survey for the annual budget to Monday, May 24 Click here for more info.
The South Pasadena Public Library will host an American Red Cross blood drive in the Library Community Room on Thursday, May 21st. Please visit www.RedCrossBlood.org and enter sponsor code: SOPASLIB to sign up. Safety and social distancing measures will be in effect. #GiveBlood #BeKind
City Hall Scoop: blog from South Pasadena City Hall providing short daily bursts on hyper-local topics of interest to our residents.
IN THE MEDIA – please support our local newspapers by subscribing to the SouthPasadenan and The South Pasadena Review:
- COVID-19 Stage 2 Reopening | What’s Open, What’s Not SouthPasadenan
- Mission Bell Project | Carpenters Union Appeals City’s Approval SouthPasadenan The City Council is slated to hear the appeal during its regular meeting May 20.
- Nearly 5% of L.A. County residents might have already had coronavirus, study shows Los Angeles Times
- California is rapidly speeding up the reopening of the economy. Here’s what it means Los Angeles Times
Links to government websites regarding Covid-19: