Dear WISPPA members,
We hope you are safe and well!
Last week, there was a city council on May 6. Click here to see the video of the meeting. For a summary of the meeting in the South Pasadenan, click here.
There are new letters on our website called Opinion Page, both of which addressed issues before the City Council last week. Please let us know if you are concerned about an issue and/or have an opinion about something happening in our city. You can just write us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or copy WISPPA when you write the city or media. This is especially important now since we are not sharing our thoughts at meetings during this time of social distancing. WE NEED TO STAY CONNECTED!
The following commissions will be meeting in the next week or so. Please click on the commission name for more info, agendas, video of past meetings, etc.:
INFORMATION OF INTEREST
City Budget: South Pasadena has created a fully digital community budget engagement program. The platform includes visual information about the municipal budget accompanied by narratives from each department, an interactive activity that allows residents to adjust the priorities for city departments and see the trade-offs of their choices, and a survey on specific City services and programs. Click here for more info.
The South Pasadena Public Library will host an American Red Cross blood drive in the Library Community Room on Thursday, May 21st. Please visit www.RedCrossBlood.org and enter sponsor code: SOPASLIB to sign up. Safety and social distancing measures will be in effect. #GiveBlood #BeKind
If you use Metro, it’s face mask time. Beginning on Monday, May 11, Metro will require all riders on buses and trains to wear face coverings to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
LA County parks, trails and golf courses reopened Saturday, May 9. For the health and safety of trail users, golfers, parks users, staff, and all the rest of us, please adhere to the guidelines.
City Hall Scoop: blog from South Pasadena City Hall providing short daily bursts on hyper-local topics of interest to our residents.
IN THE MEDIA – please support our local newspapers by subscribing:
- Slow Steps to Re-Open Friday | South Pasadena Moves into Stage 2 Starting Friday, May 8, the city is gradually opening some lower risk workplaces SouthPasadenan
- Furloughs Confirmed for Some City Employees SouthPasadenan
- Senator Portantino Briefs City Council on COVID-19 Priorities SouthPasadenan
- Reopening South Pasadena | City Manager Talks Strategy SouthPasadenan
- L.A. County ‘with all certainty’ to keep stay-at-home orders in place for next three months Los Angeles Times
- COVID-19 Update from Fire Chief | Focus on Nursing Home SouthPasadenan
- California considers sweeping relief for renters, landlords The Pasadena Star News
- FairOaks@Mission Project | Chipotle Coming to South Pasadena SouthPasadenan
Links to government websites regarding Covid-19: