The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
- 10-8-19, 5:03 AM to 5:46 AM, 600 block of Meridian. Officer responds to a suspicious subject call and finds suspect walking back and forth near a property. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 36 years, Los Angeles.
- 10-8-19, 1:00 PM to 3:27 PM, 700 block of Mission. ’14 BMW I3. Suspect(s) shatter victim’s rear window to gain entry. LOSS: File folder.
• 10-8-19, 3:20 PM to 3:41 PM, 600 block of Stratford. ’10 Toyota Land Cruiser. Suspect(s) gain entry into victim’s unlocked vehicle and take loss. Suspect(s) also make unauthorized charges with victim’s bank card. LOSS: Purse, bank card, miscellaneous items.
• 10-10-19, 7:30 PM to 7:50 PM, 100 block of Monterey. Suspects enter victim’s residence to purchase an item. Suspects take loss while inside victim’s bedroom and make unauthorized transactions with victim’s bank card. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Female, White, 50 years, Los Angeles. LOSS: Wallet, bank card, miscellaneous items.
• 10-10-19, 2:40 PM, 1500 block of Huntington. Suspect takes loss from victim’s purse and makes unauthorized transactions with victim’s bank cards. LOSS: Wallet, bank cards.
• 10-12-19, 3:15 PM to 3:30 PM, 1100 block of Fairview. Suspect takes loss from victim’s front porch. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Hispanic, late 30’s to early 40’s, wearing a blue and white flannel shirt, blue jeans, and an LA Dodgers baseball cap. LOSS: Parcel packages.
• 10-13-19, 9:10 AM to 4:40 PM, 1600 block of Huntington. ’15 Subaru Impreza. Suspect removes loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: License plate.
• 10-14-19, 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM, 400 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect takes unattended loss and makes authorized transactions with victim’s bank cards. LOSS: Wallet, bank cards.
• 10-14-19, 7:00 PM to 7:40 PM, 1700 block of Garfield (Ralphs). Suspect enters store and employee sees suspect take loss and exit store without leaving. Officers locate suspect sitting outside the store. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Black, 38 years, transient. LOSS: Alcohol
DRUNK IN PUBLIC
- 10-9-19, 8:32 AM to 8:53 AM, 1600 block of El Centro. Officer responds to a call of a passed out subject and find the subject to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to care for himself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Black, 54 years, transient.
ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON
- 10-9-19, 9:24 AM to 10:37 AM, 800 block of Stoney. Suspect and victim are acquaintances. Victim discovers suspect in possession of drug paraphernalia and gets upset. Suspect grabs a knife and chases victim.
- 10-3-19, 3:18 PM to 10-8-19, 4:00 PM. Suspects call victim, posing as social security agents and a police officer, informing victim that her identity was compromised and that an arrest warrant had been issued. Suspects instruct victim to purchase multiple gift cards and to ship them cash in order to help secure victim’s money and remove the arrest warrant. Victim complies with suspects’ instructions. LOSS: U.S. currency.
POSSESSION OF PARAPHERNALIA
• 10-10-19, 1:30 AM to 2:16 AM, 00 block of Monterey. Officer on patrol makes contact with subjects loitering near a vehicle and find suspects in possession of methamphetamine pipes. SUSPECTS ARRESTED: S1 – Female, White, 39 years, South Pasadena, S2 – Female, White, 43 years, Los Angeles.
• 10-11-19, 9:04 PM to 9:43 PM, 2100 block of Huntington. Officers respond to an assault call and finds subject in possession of a methamphetamine pipe. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 37 years, South Gate.
- 10-10-19, 8:54 AM to 9:38 AM, 900 block of Fair Oaks (Rite Aid). Suspect approaches store employee at a checkout stand to pay for his items. Suspect then reaches over into the cash register tray and struggles with store employee as he takes loss. Officers locate suspect hiding in a laundry room at a nearby apartment. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Black, 46 years, transient. LOSS: U.S. currency.
- 10-11-19, 10:33 PM to 10:34 PM, 1900 block of Huntington. Suspects shatter glass door to gain entry into victim’s business. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: S1 – Male, Hispanic, 30 years, black hair, 5’10”, 220 lbs, wearing an olive green jacket, white t-shirt, blue jeans, and a black/white Nike Jordan tennis shoes, S2 – Female, Hispanic, 18 – 25 years, 5’08”, 200 lbs, with long black hair, wearing a pink or beige tank top, gray hooded zipper sweatshirt with “PINK” logo, black yoga style pants, and black Adidas tennis shoes. LOSS: Purse. IDENTITY
THEFT/CREDIT CARD FRAUD/CHECK FRAUD
9-7-19, 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM, 900 block of Magnolia. Suspect(s) alters and cashes victim’s check.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.