The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• 10-1-19, 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM, 900 block of Lohman. ’13 Volvo XC90. Suspect(s) shatter victim’s car window to gain entry. LOSS: Purse, wallet, iPhone, U.S. currency, bank cards, miscellaneous cards.
• 10-7-19, 7:54 PM to 8:15 PM, 2000 block of Oak. ’14 Mercedes Benz. Suspect(s) shatter victim’s car window to gain entry. Suspect(s) then make unauthorized charges with victim’s bank cards. LOSS: Wallet, bank cards, U.S. currency, miscellaneous items.
• 10-1-19, 8:00 PM to 8:30 PM, 1300 block of Milan. Victim plays “Ding Dong Ditch” in the neighborhood and rings suspect’s door, then runs away. Victim returns and does the same thing, but suspect catches victim and confronts victim of playing ding dong ditch. Suspect then pushes victim onto the ground.
• 10-4-19, 11:37 AM to 11:55 AM, 400 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect 1 gets into a verbal altercation with witness. Suspect 2 charges and punches Suspect 1, and both suspects get into a physical altercation. SUSPECTS ARRESTED: S1 – Male, White, 35 years, Pasadena. S2 – Male, White, 26 years, Los Angeles.
• 10-6-19, 3:41 PM to 4:17 PM, 800 block of Prospect. Suspect pushes victim onto the ground. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, White, 65 years, South Pasadena.
- 10-5-19, 2:14 PM to 2:34 PM, 900 block of Lyndon. Suspect enters victim’s residence through an unlocked door and is confronted by victim. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 49 years, Pomona. LOSS: None.
DISTURBING THE PEACE
- 10-2-19, 11:55 AM to 12:10 PM, 1400 block of Fremont. Suspect gets into verbal and physical altercations with multiple victims. Suspect then threatens to kill another student. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, juvenile.
POSSESSION OF PARAPHERNALIA
- 10-6-19, 11:32 PM to 10-7-19, 12:16 AM, Fair Oaks/Monterey. Officers respond to a traffic collision and find the driver in possession of methamphetamine, methamphetamine pipe, and needle. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 34 years, La Crescenta.
• 9-25-19, 6:00 AM to 9-27-19, 11:59 PM, 1800 block of Hardison. Suspect(s) pry open lock to gain entry into victim’s storage unit and take loss. LOSS: Motorized scooter.
• 6-26-19, 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM, 900 block of Mission. Suspect breaks into victim’s storage unit and takes loss. LOSS: Miscellaneous documents.
• 10-2-19, 8:00 PM to 10-3-19, 11:00 AM, 200 block of St Albans. Toyota Tacoma. Suspect(s) remove loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Tailgate.
• 10-6-19, 11:50 AM to 12:19 PM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect enters store and employee sees suspect place loss into a backpack and exit store without paying. Officers locate suspect walking away from store. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 29 years, Pico Rivera. LOSS: Alcohol (recovered).
• 10-6-19, 6:00 PM to 9:30 PM, 900 block of Meridian. Suspect cuts lock securing victim’s property. LOSS: Bicycle.
• 10-7-19, 9:20 PM to 10-8-19, 12:17 AM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect enters store and employee sees suspect place loss into a shopping cart and exit store without paying. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Female, Hispanic, wearing a green floral shirt and blue jeans. LOSS: Groceries.
MINOR IN POSSESSION OF ALCOHOL
- 10-3-19, 10:26 AM to 11:34 AM, 1400 block of Fremont. School employee finds subject in possession of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, juvenile.
• 9-30-19, 4:10 PM to 4:20 PM, 800 block of Mission. Suspect trespasses onto victim’s property. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Hispanic, early 20’s, 5’7”, 150 lbs, with a goatee.
• 10-5-19, 5:17 PM to 5:28 PM, 600 block of Mission. Store employee tells suspect to leave but suspect refuses. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Black, 38 years, transient.
POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
- 10-5-19, 10:55 AM to 11:19 AM, 500 block of Monterey. Officer responds to a suspicious person call and find subject to be in possession of methamphetamine. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 41 years, Pasadena. DUI 10-5-19, 7:25 PM to 7:57 PM, 800 block of Fair Oaks. Officers respond to a hit and run and find the driver to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to care for himself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 40 years, Los Angeles.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD FRAUD/CHECK FRAUD
- 10-5-19, 4:50 PM to 10-6-19, 1:54 PM, 100 block of Monterey. Suspect makes an unauthorized transaction with victim’s bank card.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.