The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• 2-4-20, 11:38 AM to 11:43 AM, 500 block of Magnolia. ’19 Toyota Tacoma. Suspect(s) takes loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: License plates (recovered).
• 2-5-20, 6:30 PM to 2-6-20, 6:07 AM, 1500 block of Marengo. ’99 Honda Accord. Suspect(s) takes loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 1-28-20, 5:46 PM to 5:47 PM, 1900 block of Illinois. Suspect takes loss from victim’s porch. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, wearing a hooded sweatshirt. LOSS: Parcel packages.
• 2-3-20, 8:00 PM to 2-4-20, 5:15 AM, 600 block of Grand. ’09 Toyota Prius. Suspect(s) takes loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 2-2-20, 2:15 PM to 2:25 PM, 1800 block of Meridian. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s parking space. LOSS: Bicycles, bicycle lock.
• 2-10-20, 3:31 PM to 4:03 PM, 1000 block of Sycamore. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s mailbox. LOSS: Mail.
• 1-29-20, 12:53 PM to 1:25 PM, 1300 block of Fair Oaks. ’97 Chevy S10. Suspects take loss from the bed of victim’s vehicle. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: S1 – Male, Hispanic, heavyset, black beard, wearing a white t-shirt, gray sweat shorts, black flip flops, tattoos covering left forearm. S2 – Male, Hispanic, long hair, wearing a black baseball cap, black t-shirt. SUSPECT VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: Black Dodge Challenger. LOSS: Tools.
• 2-7-20, 7:00 PM to 2-10-20, 7:30 AM, 1900 block of Fremont. ’10 Ford Econoline. Suspect(s) takes loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD FRAUD/CHECK FRAUD
• 1-2-20, 10:15 AM to 2-3-20, 10:15 AM. Suspect(s) use victim’s information to open multiple unauthorized accounts.
• 2-1-20, 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Suspect uses victim’s information to make changes to an existing account and attempts to make several unauthorized transactions.
• 11-13-19, 3:20 PM to 2-7-20, 3:20 PM. Suspect(s) use victim’s information to open an unauthorized account.
FRAUD BY FALSE PRETENSE
- 2-4-20, 9:03 AM to 2:30 PM. Suspect calls victim and poses as a social security agent. Suspect claims that victim’s social security number was about to be suspended due to criminal activity. Another suspect calls victim and spoofs the phone number to show the general phone number of the South Pasadena Police Department. Suspect claims to be an officer with the police department and instructs victim to purchase gift cards and send the codes via email.
• 2-9-20, 10:29 AM to 10:51 AM, 1500 block of Garfield. Suspect gains entry into victim’s residence through unknown means and take loss. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Hispanic, heavyset. SUSPECT VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: Silver Toyota Matrix. LOSS: Wallet, bag, bank cards, identification cards.
• 2-10-20, 7:49 AM to 8:40 AM, 1700 block of Camino Lindo. Suspect gains entry into victim’s residence by tampering with a screen door. LOSS: Unknown. SUSPECT VEHICLE: White, Toyota Corolla.
- 1-10-20, 11:00 AM to 1-11-20, 12:00 AM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect(s) gain entry to victim’s business through an unlocked door and take loss. LOSS: Electronic tablets. AUTO BURGLARY 2-3-20, 7:00 PM to 2-4-20, 8:15 AM, 1700 block of Foothill. ’18 Honda Civic. Suspect(s) gain entry into victim’s vehicle by smashing the rear passenger side window. LOSS: Access card.
MINOR IN POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA ON SCHOOL GROUNDS
- 2-6-20, 3:30 PM to 3:55 PM, 1500 block of Fair Oaks. Subject brings several vaping devices containing THC onto school grounds. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, juvenile. VANDALISM 1-24-20, 5:45 PM to 6:45 PM, 1600 block of Bank. Suspects vandalize victim’s property with ketchup.
POSSESSION OF PARAPHERNALIA
• 2-9-20, 2:54 AM to 3:26 AM, 400 block of Mission. Officer responds to a call regarding a subject walking in the middle of the roadway and find suspect to be in possession of drug paraphernalia. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 34 years, Los Angeles.
• 2-10-20, 1:45 PM to 2:03 PM, 800 block of Fair Oaks. Officer responds to a call regarding a subject attempting to enter a business through a rear door and find suspect to be in possession of drug paraphernalia. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Asian, 35 years, Long Beach.
STOLEN VEHICLE RECOVERED
- 2-10-20, 1:14 AM to 1:31 AM, 1300 block of Fair Oaks. ’04 Chevy Express. Officer contacts suspect, who is attempting to switch car batteries between two vehicles, and find suspect’s vehicle to be stolen. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 20 years, Pasadena.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.