The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
- 8-7-19, 12:50 AM to 1:25 AM, Orange Grove/Magnolia. Officer conducts a traffic stop and suspect is found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 23 years, Baldwin Park.
• 8-7-19, 11:30 AM to 12:45 PM, 2000 block of Alpha. Suspects takes loss that is walking in the street. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: S1 – Male, Hispanic, wearing a red shirt, blue jeans, tan hat, S2 – Male, S3 – Male. SUSPECT VEHICLE: White, Ford F-150. LOSS: Tortoise.
• 8-9-19, 9:18 AM to 9:45 AM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect enters store and employee sees suspect take loss and exit store without paying. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, White, 50’s, blonde hair, wearing turquoise polo shirt, dark blue cargo shorts, and turquoise color shoes. LOSS: Shampoo, deli meat products.
• 8-7-19, 12:01 PM to 8-9-19, 12:50 PM, 400 block of Monterey. Suspect(s) takes loss from victim’s porch. LOSS: Parcel package.
• 8-8-19, 10:00 PM to 8-9-19, 2:00 AM, 700 block of La Portada. Suspect takes loss from victim’s bag at a party. LOSS: Cell phone. • 8-10-19, 2:58 PM, 1100 block of Glendon Ct. Suspect(s) enters victim’s back yard and takes loss. LOSS: Bicycle.
• 7-12-19, 10:30 AM to 10:30 PM, 1200 block of Pine. Suspect(s) takes loss from victim’s front porch. LOSS: Parcel package.
DRUNK IN PUBLIC
• 8-8-19, 12:24 PM to 1:00 PM, Huntington/Marengo. Officers respond to a welfare check and find the subject to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to care for himself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 26 years, Los Angeles.
• 8-9-19, 7:50 PM to 8:03 PM, 1100 block of Windsor. Officer responds to a subject sleeping on the driveway and finds the driver to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to care for himself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 35 years, Long Beach.
• 8-9-19, 11:27 PM to 11:41 PM, 1700 block of Garfield. Officers respond to a subject lying down in a parking lot and find the subject to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to care for himself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 35 years, Long Beach.
• 8-8-19, 6:27 PM to 8:58 PM, 700 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect gets into a verbal altercation with victim then strikes victim’s face. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Female, Hispanic, late 20’s, bleached blond chest length hair, 5’05”, 140 lbs, wearing a light/green black shirt.
• 8-9-19, 1:42 PM to 1:59 PM, 400 block of Fair Oaks. Employee asks suspect to leave the property. Suspect throws a bagel at employee. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 29 years, transient.
POSSESSION OF PARAPHERNALIA
• 8-8-19, 11:22 PM to 11:49 PM, 1000 block of Lohman. Officer on patrol contacts subject and finds subject to be in possession of a methamphetamine pipe. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 30 years, Anaheim.
• 8-9-19, 10:37 PM to 11:06 PM, Monterey/Via Del Rey. Officer responds to a subject sleeping in the middle of the street and finds the subject to be in possession of a methamphetamine pipe. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 41 years, Bellflower.
• 8-8-19, 9:55 AM, 2000 block of Alpha. Suspect poses as a Social Security Administration employee and calls victim, claiming that victim’s social security number was going to be suspended. Suspect instructs victim to purchase gift cards and to read the codes in the back of the cards. Victim complies with suspect’s instructions.
• 8-9-19, 4:04 PM to 4:46 PM, 1000 block of El Centro. Suspect poses as victim and sends an electronic request to victim’s employer to change victim’s direct deposit account to suspect’s account.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD FRAUD/CHECK FRAUD
• 8-9-19, 11:07 AM to 11:39 AM, 1100 block of Milan. Suspect(s) use victim’s personal information to obtain a loan.
• 8-10-19, 3:06 PM to 3:13 PM, 1500 block of Bank. Suspect(s) contact victim, instructing victim to fill out a form with personal information in order to apply for a job. Suspect(s) then send victim a fraudulent check to be cashed.
• 7-15-19, 9:20 AM to 11:00 AM, 1300 block of Indiana. Suspect uses victim’s identity when arrested out of state.
• 8-10-19, 3:56 PM to 3:59 PM, 1900 block of Oak. Suspect uses victim’s personal information to open an unauthorized cellular account.
• 8-12-19, 5:11 PM to 5:31 PM, 800 block of El Centro. Suspect cashes victim’s check.
- 7-24-19, 12:00 PM to 7-25-19, 8:00 AM, 200 block of Grace. Suspect(s) gains entry into victim’s vehicle by unknown means. LOSS: None.
- 8-10-19, 11:44 PM to 8-11-19, 12:19 AM, 1400 block of Monterey. Suspect pushes in bedroom window to gain entry into victim’s residence. LOSS: Container.
• 8-10-19, 10:13 PM to 8-11-19, 1:58 PM, 300 block of Monterey. ’00 Chevrolet.
• 8-11-19, 10:45 PM to 11:00 PM, 1600 block of Monterey. ’98 Honda Civic.
CARRY DIRK OR DAGGER CONCEALED
- 8-11-19, 10:24 PM to 10:53 PM, 800 block of Stoney. Officers on patrol contacts subject and finds subject to be in possession of a knife and methamphetamine pipe. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 35 years, Los Angeles.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.