The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• October 2020 to 11-1-20, 10:00 AM, 900 Block of Adelaine. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s bathroom. LOSS: Jewelry, precious stones and metals.
• 11-8-20, 1 PM to 11-9-20, 5 PM, 400 block of Monterey. Suspect(s) takes loss from victim’s mailbox. LOSS: Parcel package.
• 11-09-20, 4:00 PM to 11-11-20, 8:00 AM, 1700 Block of Meridian, ’10 Toyota Prius. Suspect(s) enters victim’s unlocked vehicle and takes loss. LOSS: Vehicle registration, vehicle insurance, a case of bottled water, and a jacket.
• 11-12-20, 2:30 PM to 11-24-20, unknown time, 1000 Block of Magnolia. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s front porch. LOSS: Parcel package.
• 11-11-20, 8:00 PM to 11-12-20, 7:00 AM, 1100 Block of Monterey. ’03 Honda Element. Suspect(s) cut and remove loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 11-12-20, 1:30 PM to 11-13-20, 7:30 AM, 1500 Block of Fremont. ’97 Isuzu NPR. Suspect(s) cut and remove loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 11-12-20, 6 PM to 11-16-20, 6 AM, 800 block of Mission (City Yards). Suspect(s) jump over fence to City Yards then cut and remove loss from (3) vehicles. LOSS: Catalytic converters.
• 11-16-20, 11:30 AM, 1700 block of Garfield (Ralphs). Suspects enters store and takes loss, then exit without paying. LOSS: Baby formula and diapers. SUSPECTS DESCRIPTION: S1 – Male, Hispanic, 40 years. S2 – Female, Hispanic, 40 years, wearing white shirt, black pants and black shoes. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Red, Chevy Blazer.
• 11-16-20, 5:30 PM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect enters store and takes loss, then exits store without paying. LOSS: Beer (recovered). SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 46 years, transient.
• 11-14-20, 11:24 PM, 1400 block of Mission. Suspect is stopped for a traffic violation and found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, 24 years, Lake Arrowhead.
• 11-14-20, 4:02 AM, Fremont and Monterey. Suspect is stopped for a traffic violation and found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 25 years, Pasadena.
• 9-16-20 to 10-16-20, 2000 Block of Meridian. Suspect(s) change username and password to victim’s bank account and use victim’s credit/debit card without permission. LOSS: U.S currency.
• 11-10-20, 12:00 PM, 1900 Block of Fremont. Victim receives a call from suspect posing as an Amazon employee regarding the need to cancel an unauthorized purchase through auto-pay, however after victim proceeds with the cancellation process through multiple webpages, the suspect obtains access to victim’s bank account information through unknown means and takes loss without permission. LOSS: U.S currency.
• 11-11-20, 5:00 PM to 11-12-20, 7:30 AM, 1600 Block of Amberwood (attempt). ’11 Toyota Camry. Suspect(s) tamper with victim’s vehicle ignition but fail to start it. Suspect(s) then takes loss. LOSS: Floor mats, trunk liner, and baseball equipment.
• 11-15-20, 7 PM to 11-16-20, 12:30 PM, 1700 block of Huntington. ’11, Kia Soul. Recovered on 11-16-20 by Alhambra PD.
• 11-10-20, 5:00 PM to 7:30 PM, 1100 Block of Fair Oaks, ’18 Jeep Wrangler. Suspect(s) gain access to victim’s vehicle by smashing the front passenger window, then take loss. Suspects then use victim’s credit/debit cards to make purchases without permission. LOSS: Purses, wallets, credit/debit cards, identification cards, U.S currency. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: S1– Male wearing a gray sweater and dark jeans. S2- Unknown subject wearing dark clothing.
• 11-11-20, 10:00 PM to 11-12-20, 6:30 AM, 700 Block of Prospect, ’17 Lexus RC. Suspect(s) gain access to victim’s vehicle by smashing the front passenger window, then take loss. LOSS: Wallet, debit/credit cards, and U.S currency.
• 11-15-20, 9:57 PM, 1000 Block of Arroyo. Victim parks in the street to make a delivery at a residence. Victim returns to vehicle and sees suspect vehicle parked across the street. As victim enters vehicle, S1 and S2 exits suspect vehicle and approach victim. S1 points a gun at victim and demands car keys. Victim exits vehicle and S1 hits victim in the head. Victim complies and suspects takes loss and drives away with victim’s vehicle. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Late ‘90’s or early ‘00’s, Gold color, Saturn sedan. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: Possibly four suspects, two never left suspect vehicle. S1 and S2 were wearing dark colored sweatshirts and face masks, unknown descriptions for the other two. LOSS: Cell phone and ’07, Honda Accord.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.