The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• 6-15-20, 9:30 PM to 6-16-20, 9:30 AM, 200 block of Monterey. ’07 Honda Element. Suspect(s) tamper with victim’s vehicle and take loss. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 6-14-20, 6:15 PM to 6:18 PM, 2100 block of Hanscom. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s porch. LOSS: Parcel package.
• 6-16-20, 7:40 PM to 8:01 PM, 1500 block of Rollin. Suspect takes loss form victim’s front porch. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Black or Hispanic, 30s, short, stocky build, wearing a black backpack. LOSS: Bicycle.
• 6-17-20, 5:15 PM to 6-18-20, 7:00 AM, 1700 block of Camino Lindo. Suspect(s) enter a construction site and take loss. LOSS: Construction equipment.
• 6-20-20, 6:00 PM to 6-21-20, 6:00 AM, 1200 block of Monterey. ’95 GMC G3500. Suspect(s) tamper with victim’s vehicle and take loss. LOSS: License plate.
• 6-20-20, 8:00 PM to 9:30 PM, 1600 block of Hope. Suspect finds loss, possibly on the street and makes several unauthorized transactions. LOSS: Wallet, ID card, bank cards, U.S. currency.
• 6-22-20, 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM, 1000 block of Sycamore. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s porch and mailroom. LOSS: Parcel packages.
• 6-18-20, 2:24 AM to 2:25 AM, Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s unlocked garage and storage shed. LOSS: Miscellaneous items, tools.
• 6-15-20, 6:00 PM to 6-19-20, 7:30 AM, 700 block of Orange Grove (attempt). Suspect(s) attempt to enter victim’s residence by breaking a window. LOSS: None.
- 6-19-20, 2:30 PM to 6-22-20, 6:10 AM, 1400 block of Fremont (SPHS). Suspect(s) cuts lock to gain entry into building and takes loss. LOSS: Construction equipment.
POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
• 6-14-20, 4:04 AM to 5:16 AM, 600 block of Orange Grove. Officers respond to a call regarding a suspicious vehicle being driven with its headlights off. Officers find suspect to be in possession of methamphetamine and stolen property. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, White, 36 years, Los Angeles.
• 6-16-20, 3:17 AM to 3:58 AM, Oak/Fremont. Officer stops suspect for a traffic violation and finds suspect to be in possession of oxycodone without a prescription. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Black, 30 years, San Bernardino.
• 6-17-20, 3:54 AM to 4:25 AM, Grevelia/Prospect. Officers contact and find suspects to be in possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia. SUSPECTS ARRESTED: S1 – Male, White, 48 years, Arcadia. S2 – Female, White, 29 years, Los Angeles.
POSSESSION OF PARAPHERNALIA
- 6-20-20, 4:47 AM to 5:21 AM, 1100 block of Huntington. Officers respond to a call regarding suspicious subjects looking into vehicles and find suspect to be in possession of drug paraphernalia. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 23 years, Alhambra.
• 6-20-20, 3:00 PM to 3:05 PM, 90 block of Monterey. Suspect(s) damage victim’s mailbox by tampering with the lock.
• 6-20-20. 1:30 AM to 10:30 AM, 30 block of Short. Suspect(s) attempt to pry open victim’s mailbox.
- 6-22-20, 11:31 AM to 12:04 PM, Hope/Fremont. ’94 Honda Accord.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD FRAUD/CHECK FRAUD
- 6-16-20, 7:20 PM. Suspect(s) use victim’s information to open an unauthorized account.
FRAUD BY FALSE PRETENSE
• 6-12-20, 4:16 PM. Suspect contact victim by email and text regarding a job opportunity. Suspect sends checks to victim and instructs victim to wire transfer some of the funds to other suspects. Victim complies and later discovers that the checks are fraudulent.
• 6-11-20, 1:00 PM to 6-17-20, 12:06 AM. Suspect contacts victim by phone and claims to be a representative from victim’s banking institution. Suspect advises victim that there is a pending fraudulent charge and to answer a series of security questions. Victim complies and later finds multiple fraudulent charges to the account. Victim contacts the banking institution and learns that a representative did not contact victim in the first place.
- 6-22-20, 7:44 PM to 8:02 PM, 600 block of Mission. Suspect spits at victim’s face for refusing to provide service due to suspect not wearing a face covering. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 38 years, Van Nuys.
DRUNK IN PUBLIC
- 6-16-20, 7:55 PM, 1400 block of Mission. Officer responds to a call regarding a screaming intoxicated subject and finds suspect to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to care for himself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 53 years, transient.
• 6-20-20, 12:38 AM to 1:41 AM, Orange Grove/Columbia. Officer stops suspect for a traffic violation and finds suspect to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Black, 29 years, Upland.
• 6-20-20, 1:50 AM, 300 block of Orange Grove. Officer responds to a call regarding two subjects who were slumped over in a vehicle, stopped in the middle of the roadway, and finds suspect to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 34 years, Los Angeles.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.