(Hundred block given in place of exact address)
The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember: call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
- 7-11-22, 4:00 AM, 1000 block of Magnolia. Suspect(s) enters victim’s unlocked vehicle and take loss. LOSS: Bicycle.
- 7-12-22, 6:38 PM, 900 block of Fair Oaks (Rite Aid). Suspect takes loss and leaves store without paying. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, White, bald, wearing a gray Lakers shirt, blue shorts, white shoes, riding a black bike with golf clubs. LOSS: Unknown.
- 7-13-22, 9:56 AM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Jamba Juice). Suspect takes loss and leaves store without paying. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Female, Black, 25 years, wearing a black shirt, black pants, carrying a black bag. LOSS: Food items, U.S. currency.
- 7-13-22, 7:00 PM to 7-14-22, 3:00 AM. 500 block of Floral Park. Suspects remove loss from victim’s wall. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: Five subjects wearing dark clothing, gloves, and masks. LOSS: Electric car charger.
- 7-11-22, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM, 2000 block of Amherst. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s mailbox. LOSS: Mail.
- 7-15-22, 8:54 AM, 900 block of Fair Oaks (Rite Aid). Suspect takes loss and leaves store without paying. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Hispanic, 20 years, wearing a blue plaid T-shirt, blue jeans, and white shoes. LOSS: Diapers, charger, miscellaneous items.
- 7-14-22, 8:00 PM to 7-15-22, 12:00 PM, 2000 block of Milan. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s property. LOSS: Bicycle.
- 7-14-22, 11:30 AM to 7:30 PM, 300 block of Alta Vista. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s mailbox. LOSS: Mail.
- 7-15-22, 11:10 PM to 11:19 PM, 1300 block of Indiana. ’02 Ford Econoline. Suspects attempt to cut and remove catalytic converter from victim’s vehicle.
- 7-17-22, 7:07 AM, 800 block of Monterey. Suspect enters victim’s property and takes loss. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, White, wearing a Red Sox baseball cap, black tank top, with blue jeans. LOSS: Basketball.
- 7-18-22, 4:09 PM. Suspect reroutes victim’s mail to a different address. LOSS: Mail, parcel package.
7-15-22, 10:30 PM to 7-16-22, 12:45 PM, 1600 block of Amberwood. ’21 Toyota Venza. Suspect(s) shatter victim’s car window and take loss. LOSS: Diaper bag, miscellaneous items.
- 1-6-22 to 1-18-22. Suspect befriends victim on a dating app and convinces victim to invest into cryptocurrency. Victim sends multiple bank wire transfers to a fraudulent broker.
- 4-9-22, Suspect meets victim on dating app and sends victim a fraudulent check. Suspect instructs victim to deposit the check into an app and to purchase cryptocurrency with the funds. Victim complies.
- 7-15-22, 10:00 AM to 7:56 PM. Victim clicks on a pop-up ad, which claims that there is an issue with victim’s laptop. Victim calls the phone number on the pop-up ad and speaks with Suspect 1, who poses as tech support. Suspect 1 informs victim of fraudulent and illegal purchases made online with victim’s bank account. Victim is transferred to Suspect 2, who poses as a FBI agent. Suspect 2 instructs Victim to withdraw funds from Victim’s bank account and to deposit them into a Bitcoin ATM machine in order to avoid a search warrant. Victim complies.
- 7-16-22, 4:18 AM to 4:19 AM, 1900 block of Huntington (Huntington Cleaners). Suspect gains entry into business by breaking a glass door. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, wearing a motorcycle helmet, blue sweater, gray pants, and a black backpack. LOSS: Clothing.
- 7-16-22, 11:55 PM to 7-17-22, 10:00 AM, 800 block of Fair Oaks (Wirelessplus). Suspect gains entry into business by prying open a door. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, wearing a hat, jacket, pants, shoes, surgical cloth mask. LOSS: Electronics, U.S. currency.
7-13-22, 8:45 PM to 9:00 PM, 1700 block of Garfield. Suspect calls victim and threatens to harm victim. Victim and suspect were in a previous dating relationship.
7-15-22, 1:04 PM, Oxley/Mound. Suspect exposes himself to victim. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, White, 60 years, wearing dark blue overalls.
7-18-22, 10:26 AM, 600 block of Stratford. Suspect(s) vandalize wall with spray paint.
7-14-22, 8:08 AM, Mission/Meridian. Suspect flips victim’s wheelchair and causes victim to fall. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Hispanic, 60 years, wearing a baseball cap, blue long sleeve flannel shirt, red bag, black fanny pack, blue sweater wrapped around the waist.
7-15-22, 9:30 PM to 7-16-22, 7:00 AM, 700 block of Bonita. ’12 Kia Sportage.
Injury Traffic Collision
- 7-15-22, 8:51 AM, 400 block of Monterey.
- 7-18-22, 4:43 PM, Fletcher/Huntington.
Non-injury Traffic Collision
- 7-12-22, 6:09 PM, 800 block of Fremont.
- 7-13-22, 9:42 PM, 2100 block of Pine.
- 7-15-22, 12:45 PM, 1400 block of Mission. Hit and run.
- 7-16-22, 11:57 AM, Grevelia/Fair Oaks. Hit and run.