The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• 8-18-20, 7:48 PM to 8:12 PM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect places loss in bag and leaves store without paying. Suspect is found to be in possession of fentanyl and drug paraphernalia. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 34 years, Camarillo. LOSS: Medicine, deodorant, razor blades (recovered).
• 8-19-20, 3:22 PM to 4:01 PM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspects place loss in shopping basket and leave store without paying. SUSPECTS ARRESTED: S1 – Male, 62 years, Los Angeles. S2 – Male, 66 years, Los Angeles. LOSS: Shopping basket, laundry detergent, toilet paper, food items (recovered).
• 8-12-20, 2:55 AM to 7:45 AM, 1000 block of Arroyo. ’18 Toyota RAV4. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s unlocked vehicle. LOSS: Miscellaneous office supplies.
• 8-20-20, 8:33 PM to 8:59 PM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect takes merchandise into restroom and removes security tags. Suspect places loss in shopping bag and leaves store without paying. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 28 years, Glendale. LOSS: Wine, laundry detergent.
• 8-21-20, 1:04 AM to 1:08 AM, 900 block of Lyndon. ’18 Honda Odyssey. Suspect takes loss from victim’s unlocked vehicle. LOSS: Handicap parking placard, miscellaneous items.
• 8-22-20, 6:00 PM to 8-23-20, 5:00 PM, 300 block of Pasadena. Suspect(s) enter victim’s unlocked vehicle and take loss. LOSS: Wallet, miscellaneous cards.
• 8-23-20, 12:30 PM to 8-24-20, 3:00 AM, 1100 block of Buena Vista. ’18 Chrysler Pacifica. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s unlocked vehicle and attempt to make an unauthorized transaction with victim’s credit card. LOSS: Wallet, bank cards.
- 8-19-20, 4:25 AM to 4:36 AM, 1000 block of Highland. Suspect(s) enter victim’s opened garage and take loss. LOSS: Vehicle registration, toolbox, tools.
- 8-19-20, 2:10 PM to 2:20 PM, 100 block of Pasadena. ’15 BMW X6. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, White, 5’06’’ – 5’08’’, 180 – 200 lbs., wearing a green camouflaged shirt, black pants, dark sneakers, black baseball cap, riding a scooter.
POSSESSION OF BURGLARY TOOLS
- 8-18-20, 5:26 PM to 5:50 PM, 700 block of Mission. Officer stops suspect for a traffic violation and finds suspect to be in possession of burglary tools, stolen property, and drug paraphernalia. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 32 years, Pasadena.
- 8-22-20, 12:12 AM to 12:38 AM, 1700 block of Huntington. Officers respond to a call regarding a traffic collision and find suspect to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, 19 years, San Marino.
DRUNK IN PUBLIC
- 8-18-20, 12:57 PM to 1:51 PM, 1900 block of Marengo. Officer contacts and finds suspect to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to care for himself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 41 years, South Pasadena.
• 8-19-20, 7:43 PM to 8-20-20, 12:10 AM, 700 block of Fair Oaks (McDonalds). Suspect causes a disturbance and refuses to leave business. Security officers respond and victim becomes combative and scratches the officers. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, 42 years, San Francisco.
• 8-20-20, 5:45 PM to 5:50 PM, 100 block of Pasadena. Suspect and victim are acquaintances. Suspect walks towards victim as victim is sitting in a vehicle. Suspect threatens to harm victim and throws a tire jack at victim’s vehicle, damaging the windshield. Suspect then throws a rock at victim and hits victim with a tree branch. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Hispanic, 5’08’’, 180 lbs., 36 years, black hair, brown eyes, wearing a white t-shirt and gray pants with black shoes.
IDENTITY THEFT/CHECK FRAUD/CREDIT CARD FRAUD
- 5-16-20, 12:00 PM to 6-17-20, 12:00 PM, 2000 block of Fremont. Suspect(s) alter and cash victim’s checks.
- 8-19-20, 10:33 PM to 8-20-20, 12:40 AM, 1000 block of Mission (Mission Ten Eleven Salon). Suspect uses an unknown tool to shatter victim’s glass door. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, White, mid to late 20s, short blonde hair, wearing a long sleeve orange shirt, black pants, and carrying a dark colored backpack.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.