(Hundred block given in place of exact address)
The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
8-6-23, 9:55 PM, 900 block of Fair Oaks (Rite Aid). Suspect enters store and takes loss. Suspect exits store without paying for loss and employee confronts suspect. Suspect kicks employee and runs away. LOSS: Eye drops. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Black, 30 years, Palmdale.
7-31-23, 4 PM to 8-4-23, 8:10 AM, 200 block of Hillside. Suspect(s) enters victim’s residence while it was tented and being fumigated. LOSS: Unknown.
• 7-28-23, 10 PM to 7-31-23, 6 AM, 300 block of El Centro (Arroyo Vista School, storage shed). Suspect(s) enter school grounds and open storage sheds. LOSS: None.
• 8-4-23, 11 PM to 8-5-23, 7:30 AM, 700 block of Mission (Arco). Suspect(s) cuts padlock securing beverage locker and takes loss. LOSS: Multiple cases of beverages.
8-4-23, 6 PM to 8-5-23, 4:47 AM, Kendall/Apha. ’15, Hyundai Elantra. Officers see an unoccupied vehicle parked in the middle of the street. The vehicle has a smashed window and ignition is damaged. Vehicle is found to be stolen from the 2000 block of Cambridge.
RECOVERED STOLEN VEHICLE
8-1-23, 10 AM, Orange Grove/Columbia. ’99, Ford F250. Officers respond to an automated license plate reader alert of a stolen vehicle. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 46 years, Azusa.
• 8-2-23, 8 PM to 8-3-23, 7 AM, ’17, Nissan Frontier. Suspect(s) pry tailgate lock and takes loss. LOSS: Tools.
• 8-5-23, 8:50 PM, 1900 block of Primrose. ’19 Kia Rio. Witness is walking on the street and sees suspects smashing a window to victim’s vehicle, then run away. LOSS: None. SUSPECTS DESCRIPTION: S1 – Male, 20 years, 5’10”-6’00”, wearing red hoodie. S2 – Male, thin build, 20 years, 5’10”-6’00”, wearing an unknown color hoodie.
• 7-26-23, 8:30 AM to 10 AM, 500 block of Alta Vista. Suspect(s) takes loss from victim’s porch. LOSS: Shoes.
• 8-2-23, 4:30 PM to 1 PM, 1800 block of Fremont. ’11, Toyota Prius. Suspect(s) cuts and removes loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 8-2-23, 9:50 PM, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspects enters store and takes loss, then exits store without paying for loss. LOSS: Shampoo and medicine. SUSPECTS ARRESTED: S1 – Female, Black, 28 years, El Monte. S2 – Female, Black, 27 years, Fontana. S3 – Female, Black, 26 years, San Bernardino.
• 8-3-23, 4:56 PM to 8-4-23, 10:35 AM, 1700 block of Laurel. ’08, Toyota Prius. Suspect(s) cuts and removes loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 8-4-23, 8 PM to 8-5-23, 10 AM, 1800 block of Camden Parkway. ’17, Toyota Tacoma. Suspect(s) enters victim’s unlocked vehicle and takes loss. LOSS: Tools.
• 8-5-23, 8:25 PM, 1400 block of Mission (Chevron). Suspect enters store and takes loss, then exits store without paying for loss. LOSS: Snacks. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, White, 40 years, wearing sunglasses, hat, cropped pants and a hooded jacket.
• 8-5-23, 9 PM, 1400 block of Huntington (Grocery Outlet). Suspect enters store and takes loss, then exits store without paying for loss. LOSS: Food. SUSPECT VEHICLE: White, Ford Fusion. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Hispanic, heavyset, grey beard, black hair, wearing blue shorts and a blue “Dodgers” shirt.
• 8-7-23, 1:39 PM, 1300 block of Huntington (T-Mobile). Suspect enters store and removes items from display shelves, then exits store without paying for loss. LOSS: Cell phones and tablets. SUSPECT VEHICLE: White, Mercedes. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Black, wearing a grey hoodie.
• 7-5-23 to 8-1-23. Victim places loss in mailbox and suspect(s) gains access to loss by unknown means. Suspect(s) alters loss and cashes it. LOSS: Check.
• January 2021 to 8-3-23. Suspect(s) uses victim’s personal information to open various accounts.
• 6-27-23 to 8-3-23. Suspect(s) uses victim’s social security number in an attempt to open a credit line.
• 7-31-23 to 8-4-23. Suspect(s) gains access to victim’s bank account and makes two unauthorized purchases.
POSSESS UNLAWFUL PARAPHERNALIA
8-5-23, 10:15 PM, 1100 block of El Centro. Officers respond to a disturbance and contact suspect who is found to have an outstanding warrant and in possession of drug paraphernalia. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 38 years, Los Angeles.
8-1-23, 7:30 AM, 300 block of Hawthorne. Victim is walking on the street when suspect rides by on a bicycle. As suspect passes victim, suspect hits victim in the face and rides away. Officers locate suspect at the Gold Line platform. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 30 years, North Hills.
8-26-23, 10 AM, 1000 block of Fair Oaks (Rialto Theater). Suspect has been told to leave and not return. Suspect returns and is arrested. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 41 years, Morrison, Colorado.
8-4-23, 12:44 AM, Fremont/Huntington. Suspect is stopped for a traffic violation and is found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, Asian, 25 years, Buellton.
Injury Traffic Collision
- 8-6-23, 8:54 AM, 700 block of Fair Oaks.
Non-injury Traffic Collision
- 8-2-23, 8:36 PM, 1600 block of Camino Lindo.
- 8-3-23, 11:52 AM, 400 block of Fair Oaks.
- 8-3-23, 12:19 AM, Mission/Marengo.
- 8-5-23, 4:41 PM, 600 block of Mission.
- 8-7-23, 2:54 PM, 700 block of Garfield.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.