The following will be offered at the South Pasadena Senior Center.
- Friday, November 22, 11:45 a.m. – Birthday Celebration – The Center will celebrate all honorees. The Honorees will receive free lunch and birthday card. Cake is provided for all attending the luncheon. Advanced sign up required.
- Friday, November 22, 1 p.m. – Friday Cinema featuring “Yesterday” a 2019 film, Music film, lasting 1 hour and 56 minutes. All seniors are welcome.
- Friday, November 22, 1:30 p.m. – Magnetic Earth – What is the truth about the earth’s magnetism, and how is it a tool to solve many geological problems? Presented by Donald Prothero. Offered to members.
- Monday, November 25, 1:15 p.m. – Monday Foreign film featuring “Antonia’s Line” a 1995 film, Drama/Comedy, lasting 1 hour and 44 minutes. All seniors are welcome.
- Tuesday, November 26, 10:30 a.m. – Chronic Pain: Are There Non-Medication Options – Presenter will speak on remedies for chronic pain with non-medication. Presented by Dr. Christine Smith. Reservation preferred.
- Tuesday, November 26, 11a.m. – Stroke Support Group – meets Tuesdays (expect 2nd Tuesday). Meet survivors, share courage, change focus to celebrate progress. Led by volunteer Reams Freedman with the Stroke Association.
- Wednesday, November 27, 9:30 a.m. – Crochet & Knitting – Class will continue this year. Learn to create fun gifts or bring your own projects. Instructor: Jean Shono, $5 per class.
- Thursday, November 28 & Friday, 29 – Senior Center will be closed due to the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- Monday, December 2, 10 a.m. – Detoxing – understand the benefits– presented by natural health practioner.
- Wednesday, December 4, 10 a.m. – Android Smartphone Training – Make your smart phone louder and easier to hear. Learn to send text messages, connect Bluetooth and more. Offered by California Telephone Access Program. Sign up required in advance.
- Friday, December 6, 10:30 a.m. – Pedestrian Safety – Learn tips on safety when walking in public spaces, presented by Roberto Gomez, Public Information Officer, with the California Highway Patrol.
- Friday, December 6, 11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. – Holiday Season Kick off, join us for hot apple cider, treats and Christmas Tree reveal, sponsored by Maxine Vo with Transitions Hospice and music with pianist Hugo Pazmino.
- Friday, December 6, 1 p.m. Coping Mechanisms – Methods of dealing with stress, anxiety, and daily challenges during the holidays. Representatives from Aurora Las Encinas Hospital with facilitated the group. Reservations needed.
Lunch is served Monday through Friday by reservation. Menu for the week is as follows:
Friday, November 22 – Paella w/ chicken
Monday, November 25 – Onion soup w/ chicken Florentine
Tuesday, November 26 – Salmon loaf w/ newburg sauce
Wednesday, November 27 – Thanksgiving lunch at War Memorial.
Cost per person $2.75 for onsite and reservations are necessary.
Home delivered meals are offered to those that are frail or recovering from illness, cost per meal $3, contact the office for any application.
To learn more on any of the activities or to make a reservation contact the Senior Center at (626) 403-7360.