A variety of activities are offered weekly at the South Pasadena Senior Center. The following will be offered from January 17-24:
- Friday, January 17, 10:30 a.m.–Lost Memories: Video & Discussion – Discuss the warning signs, the process of getting a diagnosis, and disease progression. Presented by Alzheimer’s Los Angeles. Call to register.
- Friday, January 17, 1 p.m. – Friday Cinema featuring “Luce” a Drama film, lasting 1 hours and 49 minutes. All seniors welcome.
- Monday, January 20 – Closed in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Tuesday, January 21, 11a.m. – Stoke Support Group – Meets Tuesdays (expect 2nd Tuesday). Meet survivors, share courage, change focus to celebrate progress. Led by volunteer Reams Freedman with the Stroke Association.
- Tuesday, January 21, 3:30 a.m. – Tech Support – Need help with your phone or any other device? Come get help from student volunteers. Call to register.
- Wednesday, January 22, 9:30 a.m. – Crochet & Knitting – Class will continue this year. Learn to create fun gifts or bring your own projects. Instructor: Jean Shono, $5 per class.
- Wednesday, January 22, 10:30 a.m. –Scams within the Community – Learn the latest scams and cons happening in the city and also prevention tips. Presented by the South Pasadena Police Department. Call to register.
- Thursday, January 23, 10 a.m. –Watercolor Class – Volunteer Ellie Kim returns to teach beginners how to paint with watercolor. Limit on attendees and available for members.
- Friday, January 24, 10 a.m. –Valentines Crafts – Come make Valentines crafts for your loved ones.
- Friday, January 24, 1p.m. – Friday Cinema featuring “After the Wedding” a Drama film, lasting 1 hour and 56 minutes. All seniors welcome.
Lunch is served Monday through Friday by reservation. Menu for the week is as follows:
Friday, Jan. 17 – Greek chicken
Monday, Jan. 20 – Closed
Tuesday, Jan. 21 – Cuban shredded pork
Wednesday, Jan. 22 – Meatloaf w/ spinach
Thursday, Jan. 23 – Onion soup
Friday, Jan. 24 – Pot roast.
Cost per person $2.75 for onsite and reservations are necessary. Home delivered meals are offered to those that are frail or recovering from illness, cost per meal $3, contact the office for any application.
To learn more on any of the activities or to make a reservation contact the Senior Center at (626) 403-7360