LA COUNTY CIVILIAN OVERSIGHT COMMISSION RELEASE
Residents are invited to a virtual community listening session regarding the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department in the City of West Hollywood. Local leaders would like to hear about your experience with deputies & how you feel about public safety, specifically in the areas of law enforcement response to mental health situations & homelessness in West Hollywood. Bring your observations, thoughts & suggestions. We’d like to hear about:
- Public safety interactions with people who have mental health conditions
- Law enforcement response to homelessness
- Other public safety issues affecting West Hollywood
- What law enforcement is doing well in West Hollywood
Monday, June 14
- Lael Rubin, Chair, L.A. County Civilian Oversight Commission
- Amanda Laflen, Chair, City of West Hollywood Public Safety Commission
- Tory Berger, Vice Chair, City of West Hollywood Public Safety Commission
- John Gannon, Captain, L.A. County Sheriff’s Department
- Sanjay Shah, LCSW, Mental Health Clinical Program Manager II, L.A. County Department of Mental Health
- Ryan Vienna, Lieutenant, L.A. County Sheriff’s Department
- Eden Anai Luna, Los Angeles LGBT Center’s Transgender Economic Empowerment Project
- Clifford Roberts, Step Up on Second
Additional panelists include:
- Casimiro Tolentino, Vice Chair, L.A. County Civilian Oversight Commission
- Annadennise Briz, Sergeant, L.A. County Sheriff’s Department
- Sergio A. Venegas, Deputy, L.A. County Sheriff’s Department
- David Giugni, Social Services Manager, City of West Hollywood
- Brian K. Williams, Esq., Executive Director, L.A. County Sheriff Civilian Oversight Commission
There are three ways to tune in:
1. Participate: Register & join the Webex via computer or smart phone. Enter the information requested & the event password: COC123. Joining the WebEx is the only way to make a comment.
2. Watch: Tune into the Facebook Livestream.
3. Listen: Call (415) 655-0001 and enter the access code: 145 962 7170
Written Community Comments:
In addition to live community member comments following speaker remarks, people may also provide written comments anytime online here: https://bit.ly/2M0F3an.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call (213) 253-5678.