The following will be offered at the South Pasadena Senior Center from March 15 to 22.
- Friday, March 15, 11:45 a.m. – St. Patrick’s Luncheon – Join us as we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and do not forget to wear green. Lunch menu will consist of traditional: Corned Beef, Boiled Potatoes and Cabbage. Entertainment provided Gypsy Folk Ensemble. Call to join the waiting list; Home Instead Home Care will sponsor the event.
- Friday, March 15, Friday Cinema – No Movie due to event.
- Monday, March 18, 1:30 p.m., “Great Floods” – Floods are part of nature since the earth had liquid water, 4.4 billion years ago, but lately the dangers of flooding have increased. What causes great floods? and what can be done to minimize the risk and loss of life and property? Presented by Professor Donald Prothero.
Monday, March 18, 3:30 p.m.-5p.m.– Tech Day – Are you having trouble with your new or old tech devices? Would you like to learn how to navigate them better? Join us for these Monday sessions as Youth Commissioners teach you how to trouble shoot and navigate your devices , offered to Senior Center members at no cost. Sign up required.
- Wednesday, March 20, 10 a.m. – Book Club – Contact the front desk for list of books the group is reading. Led by Liz Giffen-Glad. Registration required.
- Wednesday, March 20, 10:30 a.m – “Restless Leg Syndrome” – In this lecture, attendees will learn about what is RLS and why it can be difficult to treat. Learn about signs, symptoms and natural solutions that are available to prevent and improve it without drugs and surgery. Presented by United Integrated Healthcare Center.
- Wednesday, March 20, 9:30 a.m.–Crochet & Knitting – Learn to create fun gifts or bring your own projects. Instructor: Jean Shono, $5 per class.
- Friday, March 22, 10:30 a.m.–Project with Gerontology Intern – Members are invited to a morning of creativity with Elizabeth our gerontology intern from USC. Surprise project planned to engage, use creativity with supplies that we provide. At the same time get to know the intern and share your experiences. Sign up needed.
- Friday, March 22, 1 p.m.–Friday Cinema featuring “Can You Ever Forgive Me?” a 2018 film, Drama/Crime, lasting 1 hour and 47 minutes. All seniors are welcome.
Lunch is serve Monday through Friday by reservation. Menu for the week is as follows: Friday, March 15 – Corned Beef, Monday, March 18 – Cuban Shredded Pork, Tuesday, March 19 – Baked Salmon w/ dill sauce, Wednesday, March 20 – Meatloaf w/ spinach, Thursday, March 21 – Chicken Alfredo pasta w/ peas, and Friday, March 22 – Chicken Cordon Bleu. Cost per person $2.25 for onsite and reservations are necessary. Home delivered meals are offered to those that are frail or recovering from illness, cost per meal $2.50, contact the office for any application.
To learn more on any of the activities or to make a reservation contact the Senior Center at (626) 403-7360.