The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• 11-16-20, 8:30 PM to 11-17-20, 9:00 AM, 1400 Block of Oxley, ’08 Toyota Prius. Suspect(s) cut and remove loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 11-18-20, 3:00 AM, 1400 Block of Grevelia, ’07 Toyota Prius. Suspect(s) cut and remove loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 11-18-20, 6:09 PM, 1100 Block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect enters building and takes loss without paying. Officers locate and apprehend the suspect. LOSS: Alcoholic beverage bottles and personal hygiene products. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 19 years, transient.
• 11-18-20, unknown time to 11-19-20, unknown time, 200 Block of Monterey, ’06 Honda CRV. Suspect(s) cut and remove loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 11-23-20, 10:59 AM, 900 Block of Fair Oaks (Rite Aid). Suspect enters building and takes loss without payment. LOSS: Alcoholic beverage bottle. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, White, 40 years, shoulder length hair, wearing a black jacket and tan pants, riding a bicycle.
• 11-23-20, 10:30 PM, 1100 Block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect enters building and takes loss without payment. LOSS: Alcoholic beverage bottles and dessert food items. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 51 years, Los Angeles.
• March of 2020 to 11-23-20, 11:00 AM, 300 Block of Garfield. Suspect(s) use victim’s employment development department issued debit card without permission, however victim never received the card before the fraudulent activity was occurring. LOSS: U.S currency.
• 11-19-20, 4 PM to 11-20-20, 3:55 PM, 1300 block of Mountain View. ’72, Chevy. Recovered on 11-20-20 by LAPD Hollenbeck.
• 11-19-20, 1:00 PM to 11-20-20, 9:00 AM. 1500 Block of Oak. Suspect(s) remove the rear office window screen and open window to gain access inside business. Suspect(s) then take loss from victim’s business. LOSS: U.S currency and miscellaneous property.
CONVICTED FELON IN POSSESSION OF A STUN GUN
• 11-18-20, 4:01 PM, 800 Block of Mission. Officers conduct an area check for possible vandalism suspect(s). Officers contact subject who is found to be a convicted felon in possession of a stun gun and possession of drug paraphernalia. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 37 years, South Pasadena.
• 11-19-20, 8:00 PM to 11-20-20, 7:00 AM, 1700 Block of State. Suspect(s) enter victim’s parking garage, cut the chains and other security devices securing the property and take loss. LOSS: Bicycle and security devices. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: S1- Male, wearing dark jeans, black jacket, gray hoodie, “Vans” sneakers, black/burgundy backpack. S2- Male, wearing a t-shirt with a logo, light colored jeans, black hoodie with “True Religion” logo, burgundy backpack, black sneakers, black gloves, and carrying bolt cutters.
• 11-20-20, 7:30 AM to 11-20-20, 8:10 PM, 2000 Block of Empress. Suspect(s) gain access to victim’s residence by shattering rear sliding door. LOSS: Precious stones, jewelry.
• 11-19-20, 3:30 PM to 11-20-20, 9:30 PM, 2000 Block of Huntington. Suspect(s) enter victim’s detached garage by unknown means and take loss. LOSS: Sound equipment.
• 11-21-20, 12:00 PM to 11-22-20, 12:00 PM, 2000 Block of Hanscom. Suspect(s) gain access to victim’s garage by kicking in garage door and take loss. LOSS: Flooring materials and home fixtures.
• 11-17-20, 4:00 AM, 1100 Block of Huntington, ’13 Toyota Scion. Suspects smashed victim’s vehicle window to gain entry. LOSS: None. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: S1- Male, bald, heavy build, wearing a white shirt, black jacket, and black shorts. S2- Female, brown hair, thin build, wearing a gray hoodie.
• 11-18-20, 11:20 PM to 11-19-20, 6:49 AM, 900 Block of Mission, ’18 Jeep Compass. Suspect(s) smashes victim’s vehicle window to gain entry and takes loss. Suspect(s) then use victim’s credit and debit cards to make unauthorized transactions and purchases without permission. LOSS: Backpack, miscellaneous identification, miscellaneous cards, personal property and a bottle of perfume.
• 11-18-20, 3:20 PM, 1000 Block of El Centro. Officers respond to subjects writing graffiti, but are unable to locate suspects. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: S1- Male, wearing a blue checkered shirt, carrying a skateboard. S2- Male, wearing a blue shirt.
• 11-17-20, 6:46 AM, 2000 Block of Crestlake. Suspect responds to victim’s online ad for a motorcycle for sale. Suspect and victim meet, where suspect punches victim and takes loss. LOSS: Wallet, phone. SUSPECT DECRIPTION: Male, black hair wearing a tan hat, brown flannel shirt, and dark jeans.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property