The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• 3-28-21, unknown time, 1000 Block of Magnolia, ’13 Volkswagen Beetle. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: License plate.
• 4-2-21, 8:47 PM, 1400 Block of Mission (Chevron). Suspect enters store and takes loss without paying. LOSS: Cigarettes. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Black colored Toyota Corolla. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Black, wearing a black hat, white shirt, dark blue jeans, and a face mask.
• 3-31-21, 4:00 PM to 4-3-21, unknown time, 2000 Block of Meridian. ’08 Toyota Prius. Suspect(s) cut and remove loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 4-4-21, 11:30 PM to 4-5-21, 6:42 AM, 200 Block of Monterey. ’99 Toyota Rav4. Suspect(s) enter victim’s vehicle by unknown means and takes loss. LOSS: Shoes and purses.
- 3-28-21 to 3-30-21, 1200 Block of Fair Oaks. Suspect(s) withdraw U.S currency from victim’s bank account through unknown means. LOSS: U.S currency.
• 3-30-21, 7:09 AM, 1400 Block of Milan (attempt), ’16 Kia Soul. Suspect pries door lock to gain entry into victim’s vehicle and tampers with ignition when victim sees suspect sitting inside of vehicle. Suspect then exits victim’s vehicle and runs to a waiting vehicle and drives away. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Red colored Kia Soul. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Hispanic.
• 3-21-21, 7:30 PM to 3-25-21, 12:27 PM, 300 block of Raymondale. ’10, Toyota Corolla.
• 3-30-21, 6:00 PM to 3-31-21, 9 AM, 1900 Block of Marengo (garage). Suspect(s) enter victim’s garage possibly by picking the lock and take loss. LOSS: Hybrid bicycles.
• 4-4-21, 11:10 AM, 2100 Block of Huntington (Hot Prowl). Victim is upstairs when suspect enters through an unlocked rear door. Victim sees suspect eating food in the kitchen and yells at suspect. Suspect flees and officers locate suspect. LOSS: Food and salt shaker (recovered). SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 65 years, transient.
• 3-29-21, 1:30 PM to 3-30-21, 8:30 AM, 700 Block of Bonita, ’13 Toyota Corolla. Suspect(s) enter victim’s vehicle through unknown means and take loss. LOSS: Baseball equipment.
• 3-29-21, 1:00 PM to 3-30-21, 9:16 AM, 700 Block of Bonita, ’12 Toyota Prius. Suspect(s) enter victim’s vehicle through unknown means. LOSS: Unknown.
• 3-27-21, unknown time to 3-28-21, unknown time, 1700 Block of State, ’19 Honda Insight. Suspect(s) pry door lock to gain entry and takes loss. LOSS: Sunglasses, sunglasses case, and U.S currency.
• 3-29-21, 3:00 PM to 3-31, 10:30 AM, 800 Block of Fairview, ’19 Subaru Outback. Suspect(s) enter victim’s vehicle by shattering driver’s side window. LOSS: None.
DISTURBING THE PEACE
- 3-27-21, 4:18 PM, 1400 Block of Lyndon. Officers respond to suspect playing loud music all day. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 37 years, South Pasadena.
FALSE IMPERSONATION OF ANOTHER
- 4-4-21, 10:52 PM, 1600 Block of Bank. Officers locate a vehicle in the middle of the roadway and the driver is found to not be in possession of a driver’s license and using someone else’s personal information. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 27 years, Los Angeles.
RESISTING AND OBSTRUCTING
• 4-1-21, 1:16 AM, 1500 Block of Diamond. Officers respond to a subject refusing to leave a location and resists/obstructs officers in the process. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 32 years, South Pasadena.
• 4-5-21, 2:32 PM, Mound and El Centro. Officers respond to a subject brandishing a knife and using it to scratch the side of a passing vehicle. Officers locate suspect and is arrested. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 32 years, Oxnard.
- 4-3-21, 9:00 PM, 800 Block of Fair Oaks. Suspect is involved in a traffic collision and is found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, Asian, 41 years, Pasadena.
RECORDING INFO MAGNETIC STRIP
- 3-7-21, unknown time to 3-30-21, 12:15 PM, 900 Block of Fair Oaks (Bank of America). Technician discovers a recording info magnetic/skimming device on one of the ATM’s.
- 3-29-21, 9:00 PM, 1600 Block of Huntington. Suspect and victim are neighbors and get into a physical altercation.
ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON
- 3-31-21, 11:23 AM, Huntington and Fletcher. Suspect throw rocks at passing vehicles. A rock smashes window to victim’s vehicle. Officers contact suspect and suspect is found to be in possession of a concealed dirk/dagger. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Black, 51 years, transient.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.