The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• 4-17-21, 2:25 PM to 4-18-21, 11:00 AM, 700 Block of Meridian. Suspect(s) enter secure parking garage and cuts lock securing loss and takes loss. LOSS: Bicycles.
• 4-18-21, 12:30 AM to 6:00 AM, 1100 Block of Buena Vista. ’21 Jeep Cherokee. Suspect(s) cut and remove loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Catalytic converter.
• 4-19-21, 12:19 PM, 1200 Block of Fair Oaks (Pavilions). Suspect enters store and takes loss, then exits store without paying. LOSS: Liquor and sports drink (recovered). SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 31 years, Duinsmuir.
• 4-19-21, 5:02 PM to 5:36 PM, 700 Block of Orange Grove. Suspect opens victim’s mailbox and takes loss. LOSS: Mail documents. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Silver SUV. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: S1- Male, wearing a red shirt with white writing covering head and face, black shorts, with white/red trim, and black shoes. S2- Male, wearing no shirt, and a necklace.
• 4-25-21, 3:30 AM to 4-26-21, 7:20 AM, 1800 Block of Meridian. ’13 Toyota Prius. Suspect(s) enters victim’s unlocked vehicle and take loss. LOSS: Vehicle registration.
• 4-26-21, 2:40 PM to 2:45 PM, 300 Block of El Centro. ’17 Audi Q3. Suspect(s) enter victim’s unlocked vehicle and take loss. LOSS: Purse.
• 3-26-21, unknown time to 3-29-21, 4:04 PM, 1000 Block of Fair Oaks (Wells Fargo) and 900 Block of Fair Oaks (Bank of America). Suspect(s) withdrawals loss from victim’s bank account. LOSS: U.S currency.
• 4-19-21 to 4-20-21, 1000 Block of Fair Oaks (Wells Fargo) and 900 Block of Fair Oaks (Bank of America). Suspect(s) withdrawals loss from victim’s bank account. LOSS: U.S currency.
• 4-20-21, 1400 Block of Fremont. Suspect(s) uses victim’s personal information to open an account.
- 4-20-21, 8:20 PM, 1800 Block of Via Del Rey (attempted). Suspect(s) shatters rear glass sliding door activating alarm and flee without making entry. LOSS: None.
POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
- 4-18-21, 5:37 AM, 1000 Block of Orange Grove. Officer responds to a subject following another individual. The suspect is located and is found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 33 years, Los Angeles.
POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
- 4-21-21, 10:01 PM, Monterey and Mound. Officers conduct a traffic stop and the driver is found to be in possession of a controlled substance, the driver also provides false personal information. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 35 years, Pacoima.
• 4-21-21, 12:00 AM to 6:00 AM, 200 Block of Fair Oaks. ’09 Scion XB. Suspect(s) smashes victim’s vehicle window to gain entry and take loss. LOSS: Wallet and guitar equipment.
• 4-20-21, 6:30 PM to 4-21-21, 10:28 AM, 200 Block of Fair Oaks. ’20 Nissan Pathfinder. Suspect(s) smashes victim’s vehicle window to gain entry and take loss. LOSS: None.
• 4-20-21, 8:47 PM, 1200 Block of Kolle. Victim is walking on the street as suspect drives by almost striking victim. Suspect reverses and stops next to victim. Suspect and victim get into an argument and suspect takes loss from victim by force and drives away, injuring victim in the process. LOSS: Cell phone. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Black, Mercedes. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: S1- Male, thin build, short hair, and clean shaven, S2- Female, heavy build, with frizzy hair, wearing light colored clothes.
• 4-22-21, 8:00 AM, 300 Block of Monterey. Suspect (boyfriend) and victim (girlfriend) get into an argument and suspect takes victim’s vehicle keys by force, then takes victim’s vehicle. Officers locate suspect in vehicle and is arrested, suspect is also in possession of drug paraphernalia. LOSS: ’06, Hyundai Sonata (recovered). SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 30 years, Azusa.
- 4-21-21, 2:07 PM, 1300 Block of Huntington. Business owner receives packages with a return to sender label, however, did not send any packages. Once opened the packages contained controlled substances.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.