(Hundred block given in place of exact address)
The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
- 10-9-21, 11:00 PM to 10-10-21, 8:00 AM, 200 block of Mockingbird. ’11 Ford Edge. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s unlocked vehicle. LOSS: Sunglasses, miscellaneous items.
FRAUD BY FALSE PRETENSE
- 10-3-21, 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Victim works as a rideshare driver and is contacted by suspect by phone. Suspect claims to be an Uber support representative. Suspect states that victim’s driver’s license picture does not match the Uber account and instructs victim to log out of the account. Suspect also asks victim for the two factor authentication code to login to the account. Victim complies with suspect’s instructions and later finds that the account’s direct deposit information has been changed.
• 8-21-21, 12:00 AM to 9-7-21, 11:59 PM, 900 block of Fair Oaks (Bank of America). Suspect(s) use a fraudulent debit card to make several unauthorized withdrawals.
• 9-15-21, 3:13 PM, 800 block of Mission (Mission Tile West). Suspect(s) use a fraudulent credit card to purchase goods from victim.
• 9-30-21, 10:00 AM to 10-15-21, 10:00 AM. Suspect(s) alter and cash victim’s check.
- 10-16-21, 12:15 PM to 12:57 PM. Suspect messages victim on a social media app and exchange nude photos. Suspect threatens to expose victim’s photos on social media unless payment was made to multiple accounts. Victim complies and suspect demands more money to be sent to an additional account.
- 10-13-21, 8:56 PM, 1000 block of Highland. Suspects assist suspect 2 in climbing onto victim’s balcony. Suspect 2 attempts to gain entry into victim’s residence and damages window. Victim sees suspects remotely on surveillance cameras and notifies police. Officers arrive and locate S1, S2 and S4 hiding nearby victim’s residence. S3 is found inside a waiting vehicle with a police scanner. SUSPECTS ARRESTED: S1 – Male, Black, 33 years, Palmdale. S2 – Male, 25 years, Inglewood. S3 – Female, Black, 30 years, Natchitoches, LA. S4 – Male, Black, 37, Las Vegas, NV.
POSSESSION OF BURGLARY TOOLS
- 10-13-21, 2:45 PM to 3:44 PM, Diamond/Mission. Officer stops suspect for a traffic violation and finds suspect to be in possession of burglary tools. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 29 years, South Pasadena.
- 10-13-21, 4:07 PM to 4:10 PM, Fremont/Monterey. Suspect and victim become involved in a road rage incident. Suspect exits vehicle and simulates the concealment of a weapon by placing a hand inside a jacket pocket and threatens to kill victim. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Black, 6’5’’, 200 lbs., 30 – 40 years, wearing a dark sweater and black leggings. SUSPECT VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: White Lexus SUV.
- 10-4-21, 12:00 AM to 10-6-21, 4:47 PM. Suspect(s) use victim’s information and attempt to fill drug prescriptions.
Non-injury Traffic Collision
• 10-12-21, 2:06 PM, Monterey/Oak Hill.
• 10-13-21, 4:27 PM, Fremont/Bank.
• 10-15-21, 8:02 AM, El Centro/Indiana.
• 10-17-21, 2:41 PM, Huntington/Marengo. Assist with info exchange.
• 10-18-21, 7:44 AM, Meridian/Monterey. Assist with info exchange.
• 10-18-21, 8:06 AM, Meridian/Monterey. Assist with info exchange.
• 10-18-21, 3:10 PM, Monterey/Garfield. Assist with info exchange.
• 10-18-21, 7:22 PM, Garfield/Oak. Assist with info exchange.
• 10-13-21, 6:48 PM, 2000 block of Columbia. Hit and run.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.