Saturday, June 16 at 7:30 p.m., Pasadena Conservatory of Music Free Admission
Pittance Chamber Music continues its 2017/18 season with its Annual Showcase Concert, From Schubert to Schoenfield – an evening of dynamic and eclecticchamber music. Hear and see up close the artists who are the heart and soul of the LA Opera, performing at the Pasadena Conservatory of Music’s intimate Barrett Hall on Saturday, June 16 at 7:30 p.m. Seating is limited, reservations are strongly recommended.
This free concert features a little-known work by Three-Penny Opera composer Kurt Weill, Frauentanz (Ladies’ Dance) – Seven Poems from the Middle Ages, Op. 10. This early song cycle is scored for soprano, flute, viola, clarinet, bassoon and horn, and will be conducted by Benjamin Makino of Opera Memphis. Paul Schoenfield’s jazzy, bohemian Café Music introduces violinist Dongfang Ouyang, a recent winner of the LA Opera Orchestra auditions. Soprano Rebecca Tomlinson, LA Opera Principal Clarinet Stuart Clark and Domingo-Colburn-Stein Young Artist, pianist Milena Gligic, will perform Franz Schubert’s final song, The Shepherd on the Rock, and internationally acclaimed pianist Inna Faliks, LA Opera Concertmaster Roberto Cani and Principal Cello John Walz, perform Anton Arensky’s romantic Piano Trio #1 in D minor, Op. 32.
ARTISTS: Members of the Grammy-winning LA Opera Orchestra
- Roberto Cani, violin
- Dongfang Ouyang, violin
- Shawn Mann, viola
- John Walz, cello
- Dane Little, cello
- Angela Wiegand, flute
- Stuart Clark, clarinet
- William Wood, bassoon
- Nathan Campbell, horn
Special Guest Artists
- Rebecca Tomlinson, soprano
- LA Opera Chorus member Milena Gligic, piano
- Domingo-Colburn-Stein Young Artist Inna Faliks, piano
- Benjamin Makino, conductor
- KURT WEILL Frauentanz – Seven Poems from the Middle Ages, Op. 10
- PAUL SCHOENFIELD Café Music
- FRANZ SCHUBERT The Shepherd on the Rock
- ANTON ARENSKY Piano Trio No. 1 in D minor, Op. 32
WHEN: Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Barrett Hall, Pasadena Conservatory of Music 100 North Hill Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91106; Free parking in adjacent lot
TICKETS: Free admission; Donations gratefully accepted at the door
– to reserve seats and more information: http://pittancechambermusic.
– website: http://pittancechambermusic.
– facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
– twitter: @PittanceCM