South Pasadena Mayor Michael Cacciotti will be one in a group of area distinguished speakers who will help launch the return of the 626 Golden Streets Mission event on Sunday, May 1, following a three-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The cities of South Pasadena, San Gabriel and Alhambra will be all open to car free travel in certain areas, connecting the three communities for the public to walk, run, bike, skate, scoot, dance and explore during the 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. free event organized by ActiveSGV.
Opening ceremonies, starting at 8:30 a.m., will be held at the downtown Alhambra Stage, 201 W Main St, Alhambra. Dignitaries scheduled to join Cacciotti, representing South Pasadena and the South Coast Air Quality Management District, in which he serves as a board member, will be the following:
- Judy Chu, Congress Member, 27th District
- Hilda Solis, Los Angeles County Supervisor, District 1
- Anthony Portantino, CA State Senator, 25th District
- Susan Rubio, CA State Senator, 22nd District
- Mike Fong, CA State Assembly Member, 49th District
- Becky Shevlin, President, San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments
- Tim Sandoval, Metro Board of Directors
- Jeff Maloney, Mayor, City of Alhambra
- Tony Ding, Mayor, City of San Gabriel
- Adele Andrade Stadler, Vice Mayor, City of Alhambra
- Sasha Renee Perez, Council Member, City of Alhambra
- Katherine Lee, Council Member, City of Alhambra
- Ross Maza, Council Member, City of Alhambra
- Gabe the Sasquatch, Mayor, San Gabriel Mountains
- David Diaz, Executive Director, ActiveSGV
The three participating cities will provide live music, E-mobility demos, kids play zones and more throughout the day. The main activity for the event in South Pasadena will take place on Mission Street near the city’s light rail station.
For more information about the car free open streets event, including the route connecting the three cities, visit www.626goldenstreets.com.
626 Golden Streets Mission-to-Mission at a glance:
- WHAT: 626 Golden Streets presented by Metro – Free Community ciclovia.
- WHEN: Sunday, May 1, 2022 (9a.m.-4 p.m.)
- WHO: All ages and family friendly.
- WHERE: San Gabriel, Alhambra, South Pasadena